Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for footie?

• 03-05-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

New to Waterford and despite my best efforts I have failed to find a decent pub to watch the Champions league. I've been to a few in town and went to the threeships and kate somethings last week but they were all dead, surly theres a good footie pub in town where they serve a decent pint and there is a good crowd & atmosphere?
    All suggestions welcome, I have an hour!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Norris's or Grimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Can't beat Phil Grimes bar for banter between the lads when the match is on. If you're looking for something bigger, try Masons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Thanks for that folks, Grimes it is then. Masons looks a tad super pub but its only across the road I think so I might take a wander in at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Grimes for casual matches at least, maybe keep an eye on Masons for finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

I doubt that their was many in grimes for the match especially after a bank holiday weekend. Maybe a few students.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Front lounge just don't shout for Barcelona in the final ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

decies wrote: »
    Front lounge just don't shout for Barcelona in the final ;-)

Is there a large Schalke following that frequents there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I really wouldn't consider Grimes at all for matches. I find they have tiny screens and the projector is far too dull. I'd consider the Front Lounge or Katty Barry's for the smaller games or Revolution for the bigger ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

out of interest, what about the Showboat? I don't follow soccer at all but was in the Showboat for a few squirts awhile back and it was packed with folks watching a soccer match?

old gregg wrote: »
    out of interest, what about the Showboat? I don't follow soccer at all but was in the Showboat for a few squirts awhile back and it was packed with folks watching a soccer match?

Was it a Chelsea game do you remember?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

south wrote: »
    Was it a Chelsea game do you remember?

No but I think it might have been an Aston Villa game. I remember it mostly because one set of supporters were out front and the other set were in the back. As the game went on the folks in back became happier while those out front became gloomier.

Interesting for an outsider who doesn't even know how many people are on a soccer team :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I always liked Alfie Hales.

deisedevil wrote: »
    I always liked Alfie Hales.

Great place to watch a match

Advertisement