Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad ass cafe

Options
  • 03-05-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

has the bad ass cafe in temple bar closed down??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I hope not, bought my first ever pint there when I was 15/16! :D It's a landmark of my growing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I was walking past it a few weeks back and it did look closed up alright

maybe they are planning some renovation works?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Must only be in the last couple of weeks if so. I don't know how it could be though tbh, they have a license to print money considering they get into every guide book published.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah the bad ass is indeed closed down, it went bust a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

I cant say that I'm surprised tbh by far the worst meal I have ever gotten in Dublin was in the Bad Ass about 6 months ago. There never seemed to be a lot of people in it whenever I walked by either

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

An utter kip that place was and run by an utter bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

the one and only time i went in there me and the gf were left sitting for over 20 minutes with a menu, while the idiot waitress served the couple next to us,
    we got up and walked out, they didnt even notice,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I asked about it in Burdoch's opposite and they told me it was opening again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

My God that place brings back so many memories of my teenage years. Heard it's gone though though, and there's no Mickey Rooney Macaroni on the menu. :( Used to be a great place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I asked about it in Burdoch's opposite and they told me it was opening again in a few weeks.

the shame of it, man how i miss Difontaines :(

i did notice that the bad ass was closed during the week, tbh i've never set foot in the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I am pretty sure I spotted a Di Fontaines next to oxfam books, on the south side of Capel St bridge...

shame about BadAss, i remember going there as a kid and having a great time, the one time I went in my adulthood the food wasn't great though... Hope something good opens in it's place, it's in a great spot for moneymaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

theteal wrote: »
    the shame of it, man how i miss Difontaines :(

i did notice that the bad ass was closed during the week, tbh i've never set foot in the place

DiFontaines is back! On Parliament street now :)

First place I ever worked in legally (as in paying taxes). I was a KP there. I was never that impressed with the place, and over the last few years, they (the management) really let it go to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

dearg lady wrote: »
    DiFontaines is back! On Parliament street now :)

serious? i'll making a venture that way. . .zaytoon has some competition!

sorry for going OT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

absolute dump good riddance hope its closed for good

got served a pizza in there once and it was completely free from taste of any kind

they know how to charge too

surly staff as far as i remember aswell

hopefully that dump stays flushed and doesnt come bobbing back up in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Pity to see it go as it also has a lot of childhood memories for me too. Used to go there for birthdays. I remember the deadly poster/menus and the knickebocker glories, and the spring loaded deelies for sending the orders to the kitchen. :D
    The last time I was there was about 4 years ago, food was ****e. Remember seeing it busy in the early mornings though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anybody know if the Bad Ass is still closed down? Or do you know if this overhead system: http://www.ids.u-net.com/cash/badass.htm was still in place the last time you were there? Or do you know of anywhere else that still has such a system - working or not? Thanks in advance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Anybody know if the Bad Ass is still closed down? Or do you know if this overhead system: http://www.ids.u-net.com/cash/badass.htm was still in place the last time you were there? Or do you know of anywhere else that still has such a system - working or not? Thanks in advance. :)
    Its like something that you would find fcuked out in a skip. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Awful place, might have been good back in the day, but ate there before it closed down and the food was crap, service was crap and it was overpriced.

Seems like someone new is going in anyway as they are doing it up inside.

Muck..it was all the rage back in 1984 when there were no restaurants in Dublin but the food was shiite then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rathbone

its re-opening under new management in the next few weeks i hear. anyone heard anything about it??

• Advertisement

I popped my head in today, and it's very different. It looked like they were putting a bar in. Not sure if they're going for a full bar licence but it certainly looked like a full bar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

More importantly, is the overhead system still there?

Advertisement