Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secure watermarks

Options
  • 03-05-2011 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Is there any watermark software that cannot have its mark reomoved. This one claims its text marks cannot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You can photoshop away just about every watermark. If someone really wants to steal your work there's not much you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Hi Resend - watermark software can be got round by anyone with knowledge of photoshop. But the average computer users wouldn't usually have the software/knowledge to do it so its very useful to watermark stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

maringo wrote: »
    Hi Resend - watermark software can be got round by anyone with knowledge of photoshop. But the average computer users wouldn't usually have the software/knowledge to do it so its very useful to watermark stuff.
    ok thanks. Looked at a few watermark progs? Which do you think is best? I have not much experience with them only learning

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Seems good price for that little programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 UE Dar

Removing watermarks is fairly easy, takes about 2 minutes to remove most watermarks and leave the image so there is barely any trace of the watermark.

Best bet is to use one which covers a part of the image that is the most important.

I dont water mark my pictures I just stamp them, still easy enough to remove but people generally dont bother.

You could always just put a diagonal water mark on the picture, maybe 5 or 6 over the image in parts that would be harder to edit.

• Advertisement

Removing watermarks is fairly easy, takes about 2 minutes to remove most watermarks and leave the image so there is barely any trace of the watermark.

Best bet is to use one which covers a part of the image that is the most important.

I dont water mark my pictures I just stamp them, still easy enough to remove but people generally dont bother.

You could always just put a diagonal water mark on the picture, maybe 5 or 6 over the image in parts that would be harder to edit.

what do you mean by stamp layering?

you mean a size 5 or 6 font?

Do you mean a bit like this one ?

I am not trying to remove that was just looking up the plant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

If you use a detailed watermark that has different gradients/tones you can make it virtually impossible, or at the very least, impractical to remove. It would require the person who wants to remove it, to do so on an almost pixel-by-pixel basis.

cormee wrote: »
    If you use a detailed watermark that has different gradients/tones you can make it virtually impossible, or at the very least, impractical to remove. It would require the person who wants to remove it, to do so on an almost pixel-by-pixel basis.
    Thanks.do you know any program can do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Resend wrote: »
    Thanks.do you know any program can do that?

I use Photoshop

Resend wrote: »
    what do you mean by stamp layering?

you mean a size 5 or 6 font?

Do you mean a bit like this one ?

I am not trying to remove that was just looking up the plant:D

i mean 5 or 6 stamps.
    ie watermark, but in full colour.

• Advertisement

if you check out my photobucket you will see them.
    user: dar-m
    i stamp my photography ( not good photography, but i use these on other forums so i thats why i use them )
    if you google urban exploration its a .ie site they have loads of different photographers with loads of different water mark styles.

Advertisement