Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Jack Russell getting frisky with Male Boxer

• 03-05-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭

I left my young male boxer dog with my parents to look after for a while and they have a 12 year old male JR. The boxer is also male but only 6 months. The problem is that the JR who was never neutered although has taken a liking to the boxer has started trying to hump him. While the boxer does not react much in terms of knarling or lashing out at the JR he seems uninterested by this behaviour. Is the JR doing this because he was never neutered or is it a dominance behaviour amongst male dogs. What is the best way to stop it? The JR has not been socalised much with other dogs during its lifetime apart from dogs it would meet on its daily walks so he seems to be very excited to be in the presence of the boxer

Comments

Advertisement