Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for music for Student Radio Documentary

Options
  • 03-05-2011 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there!

I am currently producing a radio documentary for my final year college project and am searching for music to accompany the interview recordings.

The piece is about a blind man and his experience of retiring his first guide dog after seven years together and is a sensitive portrait of their relationship, life together and eventual separation.

I am looking for music to accompany the documentary. I have a slight preference for an instrumental piece, although this is not essential, but lyrics of any song should not be too over-powering. I am open to all styles of music, but something that is sensitive and emotive, while not being too dramatic, would be best.

I was hoping that some of you lovely people might be able to suggest a piece of music or a song that you think could be suitable. I would be very thankful to receive any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Sinead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

''Mad World'' - Gary Jules
    ''Fix You'' and ''The Scientist'' - Cold Play

Not much but these came to mind.
    Best of luck with your documentary,
    13spanner

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This is a wonderful short piano piece that might suit, certainly emotive anyway...

"Comptine d'un autre été: l'après midi" composed by: Yann Tiersen

This also by Arvo Part.

Arvo Part - Spiegel im Spiegel

Deaf Center - White Lake (you'd probably need to edit straight to about 1.04)

Or finally, this very moving piece by Iceblink... possibly a bit too ambient though.

Pass Into Silence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SineadVaughan

Thanks very much both of you. Really liking Arvo Part - Spiegel Im Spiegel. I've already decided to use Stella del Mattino by Ludovico Einaudi, and I think the go quite nicely together. Thanks again, and please keep the recommendations coming people! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Maybe a 'tarded question, but would the station and the ones that hold the rights to that music be totally aces with it being used? For some reason, I don't see Coldplay just letting someone use their tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SineadVaughan

It's actually not as much of a problem as you might think. For the college project itself, there are no restrictions. If I want to try to get the documentary aired on a radio station, it is unlikely that there would be a problem. Large radio stations, like RTÉ, pay an annual copyright fee, and music that I include in my programme would be covered by that. :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement