Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mungret Recycling,

Options
  • 03-05-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just a quick query,

I have been to mungret recycling center in the last week and i have found it a great place to go, and get rid of rubbish,but they can be very strict and upon my latest arrival Today to get rid of more rubbish the fella their at the gate said he would have to check my rubbish(in the boot)to see what i was bringing in, has anyone had this done to them,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Just a quick query,

I have been to mungret recycling center in the last week and i have found it a great place to go, and get rid of rubbish,but they can be very strict and upon my latest arrival Today to get rid of more rubbish the fella their at the gate said he would have to check my rubbish(in the boot)to see what i was bringing in, has anyone had this done to them,

There are certain material that they wont accept as it's not recycable, yes, they've asked me and checked stuff on me before. Last time I was there for example they wouldnt take a fire extinguisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micheal powers

Thanks,
    Just thought it was strange checking peoples cars, but what can be done, i thought it was only me that got checked but seems not,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

nope - not just you. I've been quite a few times myself and have either been asked what I'm recycling or he'll have a look in the car. Don't be offended. There's only so much that they can accept.

Eg last year, when the cold snap destroyed all the palm trees around. People were bringing the palm fronds down to be recycled, but by all accounts, these leaves couldn't be accepted as they wouldn't mulch down like the grass or other greenery.

And if yer feeling like an education or even redecorating your place, you can always take home some books or full paint cans from the shed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Do they charge for it? Anyone know the costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micheal powers

Yes they do charge for recycling it cost me 5 euro for a car load and u can fill the car with as much stuff as you can fit in, and they are now taking carpet/couches/beds but these cost a little extra i think :) now to sure just google mungret recycling center,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I go there all the time and they always have a quick look in the back of the car when I'm coming in, so it's not just you OP. If I had a hatchback or saloon I'm sure they'd want a quick look in the boot. :)

Advertisement