Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you fail an exam...

• 03-05-2011 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Do you have to repeat during the summer or can you just repeat that subject the next year included in your timetable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Do you have to repeat during the summer or can you just repeat that subject the next year included in your timetable?

You repeat in August. If you fail you have to repeat the subject again, depending on the course and your circumstances you may be allowed to carry the subject however the college are really clamping down on allowing people to carry subjects so i wouldnt depend on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

with the august repeats, does it count your continous assesments during the year or does it just go by the exam? like, I have to get 60-70% in some summer exams cos my CA was so poor but iin august.. will I just have to get 40% in the exam to pass or does it follow the same 70 for exam 30 for CA as the main year exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The best thing to do is ask your tutor, class rep (or head of your course/school). They'll be better able to inform you on how things are broken down. We were given some info on it a few weeks ago, I'm gonna go talk with my tutor on Mon/Tues to find out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

with the august repeats, does it count your continous assesments during the year or does it just go by the exam? like, I have to get 60-70% in some summer exams cos my CA was so poor but iin august.. will I just have to get 40% in the exam to pass or does it follow the same 70 for exam 30 for CA as the main year exams?

Your C.A is usually dropped however this depends on the course. If the subject is primarily C.A. based then you will have the consult a lecturer. In the main though if you are just submitting essays and such, the repeat exam is a stand alone exam which does not take into consideration your Continous Assesment.

Advertisement