Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norton 2011 Upgrade - Please Help!

• 03-05-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

I have Norton Internet Security already on my computer - have had this for years now. Every year I put the upgrade on without any problems, but I've tried to put the 2011 upgrade on and I'm running into problems and don't know how to solve them. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.
    This is what is happening so far.

I put in the cd and it verified it up to 100%. The next step was supposed to be putting in the product key code, but instead the following box came up
    1.jpg

If I press either of these options, it wants to uninstall Norton 2011 and it asks why am I leaving Norton?
    But I haven't installed Norton 2011 yet so why is it asking me to uninstall it - I'm trying to install it but I can't get past this bit.
    It's usually very straight forward, just asking for product key etc.
    Can anyone help me out here as my subscription is up tonight and I'd like to get it sorted.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You probably need to uninstall the old version to install the new one, choose the first option would be my guess as to what you want,

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

But it's asking me to uninstall the 2011 version not the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,322 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

assuming youve already uninstalled 2010 just grab 2011 from the website.

Go to start>control panel>Add remove programs (programs & features in Vista/7), remove norton and then download the Norton Removal Tool. Run this to clean the computer off all versions of Norton. You should then be able to re-install the 2011 version properly

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

yoyo wrote: »
    Go to start>control panel>Add remove programs (programs & features in Vista/7), remove norton and then download the Norton Removal Tool. Run this to clean the computer off all versions of Norton. You should then be able to re-install the 2011 version properly

Nick

I got it sorted out eventually. I just took a chance and pressed the first option and then pressed uninstall. I was then able to install the new version.
    It didn't ask me to put in a product key but when it was finished installing, it told me I only had 15 days and when I went back into the Norton icon, it then asked me for my product key and then it said I had 366 days of protection.
    I've never seen the Norton like this before. It was always so straight forward but this time I felt it was more complicated. They didn't explain it at all. At least now it is done. I don't want to see it anymore till next year, lol :D

• Advertisement

Graceland wrote: »
    I got it sorted out eventually. I just took a chance and pressed the first option and then pressed uninstall. I was then able to install the new version.
    It didn't ask me to put in a product key but when it was finished installing, it told me I only had 15 days and when I went back into the Norton icon, it then asked me for my product key and then it said I had 366 days of protection.
    I've never seen the Norton like this before. It was always so straight forward but this time I felt it was more complicated. They didn't explain it at all. At least now it is done. I don't want to see it anymore till next year, lol :D

Next year ditch Norton and get Microsoft Security Essentials, Really no need to buy anti virus subscriptions nowadays, the free ones are as good if not better ;)

Nick

Advertisement