Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New alarm installation

Options
  • 03-05-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi all i want to install an alarm in my parents house does not need to be anything great its a 1950's house so fairly small in size all i would want is a pir in upstairs hallway inside conservatory sitting room etc
    This would be more than adequate as our next door neighbour is always around usually sees everything that goes on anyway:D

I was thinking of going wireless something like a Hkc 1070 panel

Any ideas or thoughts would be great roughly how much the panel costs will
    price a few wholesalers from list just want to see what they quote

Thanks
    Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

crasy dash wrote: »
    Hi all i want to install an alarm in my parents house does not need to be anything great its a 1950's house so fairly small in size all i would want is a pir in upstairs hallway inside conservatory sitting room etc
    This would be more than adequate as our next door neighbour is always around usually sees everything that goes on anyway:D

I was thinking of going wireless something like a Hkc 1070 panel

Any ideas or thoughts would be great roughly how much the panel costs will
    price a few wholesalers from list just want to see what they quote

Thanks
    Ger

HKC Securewave, Signet, Visonic, Enforcer, are all good wire free system. The signet would be the only one you will need to get a cable from the panel to the external bell unless you use aritechs wire free one. Prices can vary from the different suppliers so shop around is always the best advice that can be given. If you do run into problems you will always get all the help you need here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Thanks again altor your A1 as usual,
    I will shop around and see what price i can get it for

Do you have an installation manual for the 1070 panel might be worth reading before i buy
    it

crasy dash wrote: »
    Thanks again altor your A1 as usual,
    I will shop around and see what price i can get it for

Do you have an installation manual for the 1070 panel might be worth reading before i buy
    it

Always try my best crasy dash :D

I have sent you a P.M regarding the manual ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+ 1
    HKC Securewave, Signet, Visonic, Enforcer are all good panels.
    Some info on SigNET here
    http://www.europlex-signet.com/controllers.php
    Securewave Here:
    http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Products_Wireless.htm
    Viosonic Here:
    http://www.visonic.com/products

I would not recommend PiRs only , as an intruder has to be in the house before the alarm activates.
    As a minimum try to cover all ground floor & accessible windows. Then back that up with a minimum of 2 PiRs hall & landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Wasn't too impressed with my demo of the enforcer and the sensors are quite big

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tul0mox

any one know what is an average price on a 3 bed semi det prewired in cork city

tul0mox wrote: »
    any one know what is an average price on a 3 bed semi det prewired in cork city

Your best option is to get site surveys carried out on your premises, 3 or more quotes comparing like with like will get you the best price. If looking for installers check out the PSA list here, all installers who install alarm system must be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

altor wrote: »
    Your best option is to get site surveys carried out on your premises, 3 or more quotes comparing like with like will get you the best price. If looking for installers check out the PSA list here, all installers who install alarm system must be registered.

Regarding the law on this and the op's situation.

Is it allowed to install an alarm in a home if you dont have a licence once you not charging for the service? My best mate wants one but I dont fancy getting locked up:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That is fine.

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    Regarding the law on this and the op's situation.

Is it allowed to install an alarm in a home if you dont have a licence once you not charging for the service? My best mate wants one but I dont fancy getting locked up:D

If your mate buys the equipment and you put it in without charging him for doing so that is ok as you are not being paid for the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Cheers lads.

superg wrote: »
    Cheers lads.

Your welcome, any problems with the install you know where we are :D

Advertisement