Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yungwan Versus 10K

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Monday: Spinning

Thursday: 4 miles walking.

I am having an unmotivated week tbh, not feeling the love.
    Going taking it as it comes. Decided to just go for a brisk walk last night - better than nothing.

Come back running love :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Others can post and give encourging words but you need to motivate yourself.

For everyone that motivation is different. For me its just a look in the mirror, i've lost a lot of weight and i know if i don't train it going back on. Or a good book on running or that area also helps.

Another good motivator is sleep. As the week goes on we all get more tired ( some are still trying to catch up from last weekend ). We can train, we can eat healthy but sleep is just as important. The body needs time to repair and heal and if you let it your runs will be easier and you'll enjoy them a lot more.

Last night you walked 4 miles is X mins, my motivator there would be.......if i run it, its done quicker and out of the way !!!

As i said when push comes to shuve you have to want to do it and while doing it keep those negative thoughts out of your head.

Thanks for the advice Elvis, its much appreciated.

I totally understand that I have to pep myself up, I am just having an unmotivated week. Usually for me if I just take a few days break I miss running again.

My motivator is my weight/being healthy too and also that I am kind of addicted to exercise endorphins now! If I dont exercise I am a b!tch!! :P Hence the reason for the walk.

I think I will get back into it soon. Reading threads on here usually helps get me going again too, although lately I feel I have nothing in common with runners in here. Everyone is just in a different league to me.

Anyway, thanks again. Ill be back soon hopefully!

yungwan wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice Elvis, its much appreciated.

I totally understand that I have to pep myself up, I am just having an unmotivated week. Usually for me if I just take a few days break I miss running again.

My motivator is my weight/being healthy too and also that I am kind of addicted to exercise endorphins now! If I dont exercise I am a b!tch!! :P Hence the reason for the walk.

I think I will get back into it soon. Reading threads on here usually helps get me going again too, although lately I feel I have nothing in common with runners in here. Everyone is just in a different league to me.

Anyway, thanks again. Ill be back soon hopefully!

Get under that 1hr 10K and get back to the half marathons !!!

I was the oppisite of you this week. I ran 24km between mon and tues and had to ease of during the week because of 8km rce tomorrow........i want to run :(

Best of luck in the race 2moro!
    What are you aiming for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Don't be too hard on yourself, we all have bad days and weeks. I've had a few myself. But somehow, when I get back into it again, it all feels right and I just keep plugging away, racking up the miles, no matter how small.

I think psychologically its the thought sometimes of just getting dressed and getting out there that's the problem. Once you start running, no matter what the distance, it's not so bad.

You have a good running base, you just need to keep plugging away to keep your distance and speed up. The longer you stop running the more difficult it is to get back into it. Maybe relax and enjoy the weekend and start back again on Monday.

I'd love sub 43 min, i'm running 10Km in about 55 min in training ( as part of longer runs ) so i think its possible. The large crowd is the only problem ( for the 1st km ) but i'll find my position and pace and stick to it.

I did 13.5km on monday and i did the 1st 8km in 44:40 so i should be able to take 2 min off that seeing as i was pacing for a longer run that night.

Actually come to think of it i haven't done a paced 10KM yet this yr. I must do that monday evening so i have a time in my head to work on.

Thanks jcsmum. I think this is just a blip. Ill see how the weekend goes.

I think the sub43 is doable for you, best of luck. I hope you're happy whichever way it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

yungwan

Get back on the horse and ill see you in Claregalway when you get your sub 60Min 10K

Ger

Dear Board members

I would like to confirm that I am in fact still alive and have not completely fell off the face of the earth!

I haven't really been running (oopsy!)

I'd like to have loads of valid and dramatic excuses but I just dont.

I am not really dying to get out there tbh. I have been keeping active with walking and spinning. Hopefully Monday will mark a new start for me.

I have started the Paelo diet (low carb and high protein) as I feel I am intolerant to grains. (I know its controversial) So I think that was enough to focus on for this week.

Magic motivational pill please??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Just dropped into your thread for the first time in ages.....so sad you're feelin so unmotivated at the moment.

Are you still going to do 8 miler in Lough Arrow or the 10k in Claregalway? Hope you get one of them done so you can get that sense of achievement and motivation to keep plugging on.

I'm finally beginning to feel comfortable running again. Its been a hard slog but its worth it..(I knew deep down it would be). My running base from last year up has definitely made things easier.

Enjoy your weekend of freedom and hopefully you'll get a little run in on Monday to get you started again.

Advertisement