Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting from one VoIP provider to another

• 03-05-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

What's the situation regarding this procedure for geographic (landline) numbers? Assuming two scenarios:

1. Number was an original fixed copper wire line and the number was ported to a VoIP provider and customer wishes to port to another provider
    2. Number has its origin as a geographic VoIP number and end user wishes to port to another VoIP provider

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I think you get a UAN with non-geographic voip numbers, as well as with geographic, so you should eb able to port non-geographic from one provider to the next easily enough.

Non gepgraphic to landline I don't know

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I doubt you can port a non-geographic 076 to a landline as its not the way eircom's exchanges work. If you had an 01-88 number it couldn't be used in the 01-87 area exchange. Eircom have discontinued their voip service.

It shouldn't be a problem to port from one voip provider to another if its a non-geographic or geographic number. Even if it was ordinally an eircom line/copper line or not, it doesn't matter to this case.

Its best ask your current voip provider or your provider you want to move to.

I hope this helps!

Advertisement