Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Travel Visa: Which one?!!

Options
  • 03-05-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi all,

I'm heading to Oz at the end of June and going onto New Zealand at the end of July and returning back to Oz in the middle of Aug.
    Been reading a few threads here and it has come to my attention that I should really apply for my WHV when I land in New Zealand and just go on a tourist visa for my first 4weeks.
    Would I be right in saying that I don't need a visa for New Zealand as I'v a return flight?

So I see here http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/visa-options.htm that these are the following tourist visas.
    They all seem the same to me..except ETA=$20/Evisitor=free/Tourist visa=a cost.

1. ETA (Visitor) (Subclass 976)
    An electronically stored authority for short-term visits to Australia of up to 3 months. Available to passport holders from a number of countries and regions, who are outside Australia.

2. eVisitors (Subclass 651)
    An electronically stored authority for visits to Australia for tourism or business purposes for up to three months. Available to passport holders from the European Union and a number of other European countries, who are outside Australia.

3. Tourist visa (Subclass 676)
    A temporary visa allowing a stay in Australia of up to three or six or 12 months. Applicants can apply from both outside and in Australia. Some tourists are eligible to lodge an online application for an e676 Tourist visa.

Which am I to choose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 E.E.T

Anyone have any ideas as to which to choose/the differences between them?
    Would like to have it sorted so I cross another thing off this long list of mine.
    Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

E.E.T wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas as to which to choose/the differences between them?
    Would like to have it sorted so I cross another thing off this long list of mine.
    Thanks! :)

Why don't you decide - 976 is what most people want
    the differences are stated - timeframe/business reason/extend visa

976: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/976/
    651: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/
    676: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

I'v been reading/re-reading: It seems to me that the ETA visitor and evisitor are the same thing..the former having $20 fee and the latter no fee.
    I only want it for 4weeks until I leave the country then will apply for my WHV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 John_M

Im in the same situation and applying for an evisitor. I can't see the benefit there is in the applying for the ETA only having to pay 20 quid for staying the same amount of time?!

One question, on an Irish passport does anybody know the place of issue or issuing authority?

Made a phonecall about visas today.
    evisitor=free/takes a few days to come through.
    ETA=$20/is instant in its processing..usually done through travel agents etc.

As I'm not heading away for another few weeks I too am going with the evisitor.

EDIT: Under the picture on your passport is says: 'authority'..........Passport Office. Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 John_M

Thanks OP! So no difference then bar how long it takes to get the visa?

I thought that too about the issuing authority but on trailfinders website its saying under code of issuing authority enter 'IRL' ?

Applied for the eVisitor last night at 9pm...got an email to say it was granted at 11am today!
    Why would you want to pay $20!?

I said 'Passport Office, Dublin' on mine.

Advertisement