Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Chancers!

• 03-05-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey all.

Today i'd a bit of a day, firstly i was going to get a couple pictures printed out in Harvey Normans in Drogheda when i got there i found my memory stick was empty (improperly removed and wiped) so i decided i'd buy some ink for my own printer which'd run dry a few weeks back. So i'd seen Argos were selling a Multipack of ink for my printer at €46.24, which it said would "Save Over €3.00". So i thought great, each cartridge for the 3 color were 11.99 and the black is 13.99, which adds up to 49.96! So i ordered it, paid and it came down the belt, only to see, it was only the color cartridges! Now forgive me but 11.99 x 3 =35.97! So i said it to customer service and they told me this
    "Oh yes, we have that alot, they never came with black ink, your saving on the 85 Sheets 10x15 Paper that are included with it."

I thought, wait a minute, didnt it say i was saving money! seems im not! Im spending more money for something i dont want or need! I went back to Harvey Normans and found the exact same Multipack for 35.99! And they sell their color cartridges for 12euro.

The woman at the customer service told me this isnt the first person to come back to complain about it, and when i asked her why they havent made it clear in the catalog she told me that its on the internet, so i should have checked there.

HP 364 Multi Pack Ink Cartridges plus 85 Sheets 10x15 Paper.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6758064/Trail/searchtext%3EINK+364.htm

Yeah its there but the catalog is where i ordered from they should have it clearly marked in it because not everyone orders via the net! and the claim to be saving you 3euro is such a ton of crap! And the catalog doesnt claim that, the new touch screen stock checker does! Also since you cant buy photopaper off Argos how can they claim your saving anything by doing it this way. The math is, you save 3 euro if you buy them but that only works right if the black is included.

I put this here out of frustration after an annoying day and so that others dont make the same mistake!

Its a crime that they can publish this and not 100 steps away i could buy the same thing for 10euro less from Harvey Normans! I know i should have checked but i went in with the sole purpose of getting prints and leaving so i didnt even think of looking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

In case yourself or others aren't aware of it, the best thing I ever did was buy a refill kit.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/HP364-HP-364-CARTRIDGE-CISS-PRINTER-INK-REFILL-KIT-/280488330937?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printing_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item414e6846b9#ht_3193wt_1139

I've used these crowd before. There are cheaper options but I like the clear cartridges and OCP ink is seemingly highly rated. 100 ml inks can be as much as 20 times what comes in your cartridges.

The only issue is your printer will always complain it is low on ink but meh imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

ShooterSF wrote: »
    In case yourself or others aren't aware of it, the best thing I ever did was buy a refill kit.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/HP364-HP-364-CARTRIDGE-CISS-PRINTER-INK-REFILL-KIT-/280488330937?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printing_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item414e6846b9#ht_3193wt_1139

I've used these crowd before. There are cheaper options but I like the clear cartridges and OCP ink is seemingly highly rated. 100 ml inks can be as much as 20 times what comes in your cartridges.

The only issue is your printer will always complain it is low on ink but meh imo.

Ive done this before, trust me. And i try and avoid it now. I had an epson photoprinter a few years back, we used a refill kit on it and shortly afterwards it started printing badly, kinda blotchy, barely noticeable at first, the printer itself was only about 2 months old. So thinking it was the printer we brought it back and we were told that they couldnt do anything because the refilled ink voided our warranty. He knew and we never told him it was using refilled ink. Had even removed the cartridges. Its ok in some printers, but i wouldnt for a photoprinter. We've used it in the house printer for years, tesco refilled and 3rd party ones with no issues but for a photoprinter i wouldnt use anything but manufacturers own brand.

Advertisement