Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crosshaven/cork city photowalk?

• 03-05-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hey all, anyone up for going to Crosshaven for photos? there is a great amount to see, the boat yard, the pier, myrtleville, fountainstown etc....

also would anyone be up to do some Cork city night shots?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think I'd be more up for an evening/night walk of the city. Wouldn't say no to Crosshaven either mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

im not opposed to shooting some sailboats on a sunny day if we ever have another one.

I think we've somewhat shot the crap out of myrtleville/fountainstown, but with fresh eyes maybe..

city shooting in the dark sounds fun. I am an antisocial hours working jerk though so I cant do it on weekdays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I'm up for Crosshaven, Myrtleville and Fountainstown as I've never been to any of those places. :D Also count me in for a Cork night walk - in fact, I'm up for anything... ;)

I think we should pick one for now to work towards, then have the other as a near-future plan. Maybe a vote for one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭foxy123

I don't mind which one either. a vote is def the way to do it. If the weather is with us Crosshaven village/boat yard/old merries would be brilliant because you could get great sunset shots too. I can work around the antisocial hours! I just need to know which suits most and i will work around that. :)

• Advertisement

I'm with Foxy - Crosshaven, but pick a date when there's a cruise ship moored in Cobh so we can get some shots from a different viewpoint. Cruise ship dates are here:

http://www.portofcork.ie/index.cfm/page/cruiseschedule2010

Sunday 15th the grand princess will be departing at 5pm if it suit anyone? other departures are weekdays which may not suit others. also colblimp funderland has extended to this Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twomers

Sounds like a plan! I haven't done Cork at night since.... late January 2010... when I didn't have a tripod.

foxy123 wrote: »
    Sunday 15th the grand princess will be departing at 5pm if it suit anyone? other departures are weekdays which may not suit others. also colblimp funderland has extended to this Sunday

Picking a date when your brother won't be in the country are we??

Picking a date when your brother won't be in the country are we??

Well, depending on where you're going, you could pay for us to come with you for an international Crosshaven/Cork City photowalk lol... :D

Sunday 15th suits me, Foxy - photographing the ship from Crosshaven will make a change from Cobh...

• Advertisement

OOPS! Sorry totally forgot when you were going brother dearest!!! How about since you preferred night shooting and i have the renewed camera bug, that we go to Crosshaven on 15th (regrettably) without you and when you come back we could do the night shoot. Would people be up for that???? :)

OOPS! Sorry totally forgot when you were going brother dearest!!! How about since you preferred night shooting and i have the renewed camera bug, that we go to Crosshaven on 15th (regrettably) without you and when you come back we could do the night shoot. Would people be up for that???? :)

Great idea, Foxy - sod him lol!!! :D:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

The 15th would be good for me too. I haven't snapped any pics since our last photowalk since I've been saving the battery for such an occasion. Would be good to get out on a walk again. Especially with you lot. ;P

Hi again. If the cruise ship is leaving cobh at 5 we need to arrange the time to be in crosshaven so as to see it passing and the best place to see it. if we met in Carrigaline by the church I can drive to Crosshaven. I can take 4 passengers. so how many will be going??? :)

OK folks, I'm going to have to pull out of this one as I have to photograph a gig that evening. However, I will be going down to Cobh earlier in the day to take some pics of the liner if anyone wants to join me? Sorry to let you all down... :(

colblimp wrote: »
    Great idea, Foxy - sod him lol!!! :D:P

Screw ya, it's like 30 degrees here and I have a Medieval town to do a photowalk in :D

Screw ya, it's like 30 degrees here and I have a Medieval town to do a photowalk in :D

Ya big Langer :p

no problemo, we can change it for another time so, when mr medieval photowalk comes back!! rubbin our noses in it!! :)

now that necronomicon is back in the country will we organise cork night shoot? :)

now that necronomicon is back in the country will we organise cork night shoot? :)

LET'S DO IT!!! :D

• Advertisement

OK! So when would be good for people?

Can't do this weekend at all, so next weekend would be good for me. I think we should leave it at least a week, try to get as much interest going as possible.

Can't do this weekend at all, so next weekend would be good for me. I think we should leave it at least a week, try to get as much interest going as possible.

Good idea. the more the merrier. :)

Next Friday is good for me. Saturday I'm in Cobh for another liner so that's kind of out, unless you want to do that...!

Sorry, I have to admit that boats don't really interest me! :o

Next Friday sounds good so. Provisionally maybe we can say:

Friday May 27th - 8:00pm

8:00pm is just off the top of my head. We could meet somewhere central, like the fountain on Grand Parade like last time.

Sorry, I have to admit that boats don't really interest me! :o

Next Friday sounds good so. Provisionally maybe we can say:

Friday May 27th - 8:00pm

8:00pm is just off the top of my head. We could meet somewhere central, like the fountain on Grand Parade like last time.

8pm friday 27th suits me as does meeting on the grand parade fountain :)

anymore interest about friday night? if friday not suitable for some and saturday not suitable for others how about Sunday?

I'm good for Friday and/or Sunday. :D

how about friday night so at 8 meet at grand parade fountain 8pm. and necronomonicon is good too, so that's 3 of us so far anyway.

• Advertisement

oops, actually have to change that to Sunday 8pm grand parade, sorry. is that ok with others?

Pah, I was looking forward to this tonight, too. Oh well, Sunday it is, then. Now, what to do tonight...? :confused:

i know sorry! we were looking forward to it to, there is a dog show on in fountainstown on sunday too.

i know sorry! we were looking forward to it to, there is a dog show on in fountainstown on sunday too.

Ah now, I wouldn't be into a dog show lol...! :rolleyes:

era sure, that's alright thought i'd mention it :) we shall see ya later on anyway!

It's 8pm at the fountain on GP tonight, right? :D

I'll be able to catch 'Island Sky' on the way, she's docked at North Custom House Quay - a beautiful looking ship, albeit small...

• Advertisement

8PM GP is correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Sorry I couldn't make it lads - any photos?

-FoxT

FoxT wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn't make it lads - any photos?

-FoxT

There's lots of pics. However, Sweary Mary has run out of upload allowance, Necro hasn't uploaded his yet, and I haven't got round to it, although one of mine is on the 'Cruise Ships' thread.

You joining us on the next 'outing'? :D

There's lots of pics. However, Sweary Mary has run out of upload allowance, Necro hasn't uploaded his yet, and I haven't got round to it, although one of mine is on the 'Cruise Ships' thread.

:D

Sorry to say chaps, but I didn't get anything particularly good or worth keeping, as strange as that sounds. It was just an unusual evening, dull sky and it didn't get dark enough to do proper night shots. We'll have to save the night thing until September!

Hey ya. i will be uploading mine tomorrow when my upload allowance is reset. i am happy with a few of mine. we will try again when the nights get shorter.

• Advertisement

ha ha ha :D

376A9905CEA7475CA4D38EBFC35E7CDA-0000343166-0002351223-00800L-C7D9FCE5DBC049B48DE98A606573825C.jpg

758CB874C98640CAA0D70A23780A29A3-0000343166-0002351221-00800L-69D88954B00D4865BA1088118DD66654.jpg

AC5B2CA0922D4001B3E95A0162D80FD3-0000343166-0002351220-00800L-78BB178B9D3C4A0DAED140F259F9890F.jpg

D45CC4E3245948DE8594FD8A5024B794-0000343166-0002351219-00800L-469BC26755D048CE90E736C3F5540A7D.jpg

D1F9D35CCAC84B10BD97B3E938F2BC93-0000343166-0002351218-00800L-6B3D714F85F14FB1B4FE6B6B880B0176.jpg

7CBF2A80E9A143BBA38A6BB6E144142F-0000343166-0002351215-00800L-53A7803DFCFD406B9EFB2D9CFFD91077.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

@Foxy123 - some great shots there, esp 3,4,5. Well done.

@Colblimp - absolutely for next one !

-FoxT

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ei5jf

Was up at the Fort today for the first time... Certainly an amazing job they have done there... an image from my FB page..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=328583300566158&set=a.155303477894142.35599.100002434715550&type=1&theater

Andy Jay
    www.ajphotography.ie
    www.andyjayphotography.com

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RiddleFinger

Any1 on here from the midleton area?? Kinda bored going round by myself at this stage. Would like to do some night photography up in the city some night if anyone was up for it

Would love another photowalk - its been too long since the last one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Would love another photowalk - its been too long since the last one!

Was thinking that myself the other day, well I managed to miss the last one so its years since I've been on one. I'm up for one anyway.

Great, myself and Colblimp will be up for it so any ideas? What about Youghal? Sundays are always good for us.

Great, myself and Colblimp will be up for it so any ideas? What about Youghal? Sundays are always good for us.

Sundays work for me too, yeah down that direction could be good.

Anyone up for something soon? Perhaps sunday?

• Advertisement
Advertisement