Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Microsoft Office

• 03-05-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi everyone, I have a problem with MS 2007, can anyone help?
    2/3 weeks ago, I deleted some unnecessary software off my laptop. This included a Microsoft Office Trial, so I presumed it wasn't the actual paid for MS. So then when I went to use it it was gone so I restored the laptop to an earlier point and it was back. So I went to click into use it today (in Start, not by going into All Programs and then into the MS folder) and it said 'Microsoft Office hasn't been installed for the current user'. I'm the only administrator so it's not that and I'm using XP.
    Now I have MS Word 2003 for some strange reason when I never had it before. I went onto microsoft and it said to 'Start Microsoft Windows Explorer' and go into tools and view but there's none? I can't see it but could be missing it.
    All things regarding MS are old, I don't think I had the gallery before and now it's here and I only have MS 2003.
    If anyone can help I'd really really appreciate it!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Usually trial version is converted into the full version once you activate it, what license did you have for office? Ie is it home or student or what? If it is home and student 2007 you have a license key for you can re-download it here and your license key should unlock it

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 LaLaLand101

Thanks for replying. Yeh, I think it was Home and Student but on that site you have to pay for it. Is there any point in ringing Microsoft?
    We bought the pack with the key for 3 computers I think or else it came on the laptop.

Thanks for replying. Yeh, I think it was Home and Student but on that site you have to pay for it. Is there any point in ringing Microsoft?
    We bought the pack with the key for 3 computers I think or else it came on the laptop.

http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msoffice/pub/X12-30107/X12-30107.exe

My bad, try the link above see if it works, its the trial but it should accept your serial number

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 LaLaLand101

I don't have my licence key, will it work?
    I finally found the folder for office as the microsoft website said but there is no file that they say there should be and when I right click to properties there's no security tab as it says there should be.
    Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Razzuh

You have to enable the security tab in settings somewhere, don't remember how exactly. Try googling it for instructions.

• Advertisement

I don't have my licence key, will it work?
    I finally found the folder for office as the microsoft website said but there is no file that they say there should be and when I right click to properties there's no security tab as it says there should be.
    Thanks again for your help.

Unfortunately not, you will need your license key if you want to reinstall it, you could try Magic Jelly Bean to find your office 2007 serial incase it is still in the registry, if you can't find the license key download LibreOffice, its a fully featured free Microsoft Office compatible system,

Nick

Advertisement