Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Issues

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm pretty sure most people would be sick of hearing of people with BTEA issues but if you could bare with me for this I'd really appreciate it.

I was looking on the citizens information website on it says I must be getting a payment immediately before I start my third level course for a minimum amount of time. I am on VTOS since September 09 and will finish at the end of May. That will mean there will be a period of three months of inactivity, will this restart the time period that they will count? Will I be able to sign on for those three months? I will be going in as a mature student ( I'm 25) in September and I'm trying to plan out my finances long range.

In future during the summers, between the course starting and stopping, will I be able to sign on or is that out of the question?

Any help would be great as I'm starting to get a bix worried. I thought that hardest part would be getting into college, it now seems paying for it will be that hardest part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

CylonYoda wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure most people would be sick of hearing of people with BTEA issues but if you could bare with me for this I'd really appreciate it.

I was looking on the citizens information website on it says I must be getting a payment immediately before I start my third level course for a minimum amount of time. I am on VTOS since September 09 and will finish at the end of May. That will mean there will be a period of three months of inactivity, will this restart the time period that they will count? Will I be able to sign on for those three months?

Immediately after completing VTOS sign back on. You do have a few days grace where you can switch between payments but to be on the safe side sign on as soon as you can after VTOS ends. This will maintain your eligibility for BTEA as the time on VTOS can then be included in your qualifying period.

In future during the summers, between the course starting and stopping, will I be able to sign on or is that out of the question?

Yes you will be able to sign back on to Jobseekers during the summer period and it wont affect your entitlement to BTEA for the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭CylonYoda

Thanks for the reply

About signing on as q on the safe quick as I can after VTOS ends. You say be as quick as I can, is there ever any refusing if there is a period? If something arises on their end that holds it up will that affect it? I only ask as I would of assumed that they would be able to see when i finished VTOS and at not be mean about it, I will wnt to be on the side of caution anyway.

Thanks once again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Thanks for the reply

About signing on as q on the safe quick as I can after VTOS ends. You say be as quick as I can, is there ever any refusing if there is a period? If something arises on their end that holds it up will that affect it? I only ask as I would of assumed that they would be able to see when i finished VTOS and at not be mean about it, I will wnt to be on the side of caution anyway.

Thanks once again

There is a grace period but in my experience it can sometimes depend on who is assessing your application. I have seen people who waited more than a couple of weeks be refused in our area. But a week, ten days is ok usually. If theres a delay on DSP's end then that wont affect your payment. Make sure you get a letter from the VTOS coordinator stating the date your VTOS payment finishes to bring to DSP.
    :)

Advertisement