Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with maths

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I tutor Introduction to Maths and Stats for Business courses in a number of universities in Ireland and I would like to organise tailor made online exam revision courses for university students who need additional help in these types of subjects.
    I have found that there is big demand for such support by students having to repeat maths-related university exams or where the subject is a compulsory module in the degree program.
    Does anyone know, based on their experience or through hearing from friends, of universities where there is a demand for this type of support. It's very diffcult to obtain this information from the university websites.
    Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I'm not sure how popular it is, but theres a maths learning centre in DIT

http://www.dit.ie/study/mature/support/academic/smlc/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I think they're would be, but it would have to be at a reasonable price. My course has a Maths Module in it, and a couple of the guys who are struggling with it were going to go to a Tutorial that a 3rd year had organised, but it was €80 each:eek:

That turned them right off it, but had it been less the lads would have paid it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

neil_18_ wrote: »
    I'm not sure how popular it is, but theres a maths learning centre in DIT

http://www.dit.ie/study/mature/support/academic/smlc/

I used the maths learning centre several times and found it very helpful.

One to one grinds can be booked and best of all it is 100% free! They will patiently assist students for as long as it takes.

Advertisement