Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with maths

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I tutor Introduction to Maths and Stats for Business courses in a number of universities in Ireland and I would like to organise tailor made online exam revision courses for university students who need additional help in these types of subjects.
    I have found that there is big demand for such support by students having to repeat maths-related university exams or where the subject is a compulsory module in the degree program.
    Does anyone know, based on their experience or through hearing from friends, of universities where there is a demand for this type of support. It's very diffcult to obtain this information from the university websites.
    Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Well UCD already have a maths support centre where you can go in person, which is a better way of learning a subject like maths imo.

http://mathsci.ucd.ie/mathsupportcentre/ucdwebpage/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mabrophy

Thats great! They should have something like that in Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Maths support centre is amazing. They're so helpful. It's a pity they aren't given a bigger room.

Maths support centre is amazing. They're so helpful. It's a pity they aren't given a bigger room.

+1 I've heard nothing but brilliant things about them.

I haven't had to go myself (being a genius and all :cool:) but they have turned friends of mine who couldn't count into Einsteins. They provide a great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

It looks like they do. http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~mathshelp/

Though it doesn't seem as well set up as the UCD maths centre is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I hear good things about the Maths lecture videos by Khan Academy too. Just looking at their Calculus section is giving me some unwelcome flashbacks. I've just finished 4th year Engineering but still don't quite understand concepts like Line Integrals as well as I ought to, so I'll be hitting some of that this summer. In theory. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement