Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor tax office

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

Guys and gals, were any of you in the motor tax office today at all.We are waiting for a disc that was paid a week ago but still has not arrived and when we rang, there was no answer.Were they even open? Its not the first time these people are after p*****g me off.I know the bank hols is delaying things, but still.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Get it online. So much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Sorry should have explained better:mad:.It was just registered so could not be done that way, but I most certainly will after this time.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

You can't do commercial vehicles online for some reason...

If anyone is knocking around the John street area, could they see are they open today.I have rang again both direct on the motor tax office as well as the general enquires office and still no answer.Could it be possible they are off for a week:eek::confused:.................................................................................................................................................................................................surely not:P

By the way I am in the south of the county, only for that I would check myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

fabbydabby wrote: »
    You can't do commercial vehicles online for some reason...

Because you need to produce a 'DOE pass' at the counter,they then issue you with a 'DOE cert' and relieve you of another tenner for the pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I was in there on Tuesday. Place was bedlam. Hour waiting times. Like a sweatbox. People crawling up the walls. Queues a mile wide out the door. Dogs and cats living together. Total chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Mine is delayed as well but in Wexford ..- Was wondering if they are waiting for the cheque to clear before they send it out .

If my cheque bounces and I have my tax disc , I wonder what happens next ?

They finally answered the phone today:eek:."Oh we had to do a few other checks":P.If someone is working there that's a boardsie, please explain why the inefficiency.I am not just talking about me, but I assume most people do it online so why are they so much people in there then.I wouldnt hold my breath that it will arrive tomorrow:rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

If someone is working there that's a boardsie, please explain why the inefficiency
    You should fill out the inefficiency reason request form J-11b, get it signed by your mother in law and drop it into them. Your application will be dealt with within 6 to 8 weeks.

Advertisement