Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician wanted.......for barter!

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Ok, so not sure if im allowed post this here but hey, why not!

Im looking for an electrician to do some very minor work in a house in the ballyhaunis area. The job is merely me needing someone to look over the electrics in my house as there have being some very large esb bills and cant figure out whats going on!

Now, instead of me paying euros for the job, i can offer a variety of computer repair and maintenance services - I fix home computers and laptops for a living.

Obviously, should either side of the barter trade require expensive work/parts, things are open to re-negotiation!:D

Barter suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

you should just open your esb meter box, unplug and shut off as much as possible in the house and then one by when check the areas and check the meter box and see how fast meter is running .

A common problem is immersion being left on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I have electrical backgrounds (and do computer repairs as well:D), have some construction experience and what I can say is - It will be hard to investigate and check fast/cheap way. If there is problem with any device in your house there will be lot of works to find that. Electrical cheap work is to change light fitting / wall socket. What you asked for is time consuming investigation without 100% chances for success. I doubt if any electrician will do that.

Do what Outkast_IRE advised on your own. At least you should to know something about electrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

you should just open your esb meter box, unplug and shut off as much as possible in the house and then one by when check the areas and check the meter box and see how fast meter is running .

A common problem is immersion being left on.

This, even at night time, hit the trip switch for the sockets, make sure the freezer is closed! and check it 10 mins after.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This should probably be in adverts or similar but since it's more of a "skills swap" I'll leave it.
    Just keep money out of it, then it's advertising.

There's also a DIY forum and a Electrical forum you can ask in, both under Home and Garden

Advertisement