Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door Lock Problems

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

had issues with my door lock and had to get a locksmith in.
    I own the apartment, but was wondering could I recoup the costs somehow (insurance as part of maintenance fee, homebond, etc)?

(btw mods, please feel free to move if in the wrong section)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Most probably no...unless it's a very new door and you can pursue the manufacturer.

Homebond is for structural problems and the block insurance doesn't cover individual unit doors AND there is generally an excess of at least €500 but these days more like €1500!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

okay, thanks
    knew I was clutching at straws a bit, but wanted to explore every avenue as it was a 3 figure sum
    probably didnt help either that I got the work done first, but I couldnt spend weeks struggling to get in my own front door

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most insurance policies will only cover lock replacement after a break-in. That's if you have your own insurance policy :)
    No, your block's policy wouldn't cover this cost.

Advertisement