Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry suit maintenance

Options
  • 03-05-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

I've noticed I'm getting a little damp in the dry suit lately, any suggestions to keep it 100% water tight? Is there a spray you can buy or anything? The neck seals are intact but are a bit looser than they used to be.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks lads

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Depends on the material really, I would say email the Manufacturer and ask or ask the retailer you bought it from.

I Know Kokatat do a service for there suits, You send it back to the states and its supposed to come back like new and as far as i am aware its not too pricey (this is all what ive been told as i will be sending mine during the summer).

Maybe other manufacturers have a similar service or advice.

Where abouts are you getting damp? If it is a recent occurrence maybe it is sweat, since we have been having relatively warmer weather have you adapted your thermal wear underneath, It can make a difference.

Hope this helps

Paddy
    www.irishcanoekayak.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

if it's around your arms that happens due to the tendons on your arms down by your wrist break the seal a bit when your paddling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Thanks lads, it's predominantly upper chest, neck area and a bit on the arms as well. It could well be sweat but I think it's a bit too much. It's not that old either, maybe 8 months or so - it's a Palm one. The kag keeps me bone dry up top when I wear it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

8 months old!!! Bring it back to the shop see what they can do for you, could be a simple seam may need replacing but may aswell get the pro's to do it!

Paddy
    www.irishcanoekayak.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Good idea Paddy, I'll do that so. Back to the Great Outdoors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement