Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for livery in or around maynooth/celbridge

Options
  • 03-05-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know a place to keep a horse/pony in or around the maynooth/celbridge area?thats not too expensive with stables and paddock

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

clonfert equestrian.

google em, lovely people altogether. If i ever get fixed i may end up on a horse again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Across the road from Clonfert too another yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

boxerly wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know a place to keep a horse/pony in or around the maynooth/celbridge area?thats not too expensive with stables and paddock

Rosecottage livery yard, it's around 10 mins from maynooth, near donadea, just past the forest.

It's a very small quiet yard, has a walker, large arena (available pretty much all the time not that many lessons happen), large 'american style' barn, great hacking roads and travel to and from shows can be arranged.

Prices are very reasonable, I moved my mare 2 and a half years ago and we've save a couple of thousand ;)

PM me for more details.
    I've set up the website myself so I can also PM you the link to it.

Borderfox wrote: »
    Across the road from Clonfert too another yard.

That's actually no more dude. Closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Is that Fionas yard thats closed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 collistownec

Hi why not try collistown equestrian centre.
    Near maynooth , competition, full, grass livery + rest grass livery.
    Big indoor and outdoor.
    collistown equestrian centre is on facebook.

boxerly wrote: »
    Is that Fionas yard thats closed?

If it's the one that had no planning permission and built a load of buildings... then yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 loukealy

I keep my horse Carton Equestrian Center... Iv been going there for over 10years. They are good priced when it comes to livery i was shocked at some of the prices of other yards that iv seen on this. Carton have an all weather outdoor arena, a new indoor arena, 3-5 paddocks, a large field with gallops and xcountry, stables for horses and ponies, 2 tack rooms and the staff are willing to cater to the needs of any rider and horse. There are qualified instructors avalible to give lessons to all including a professional showjumper that gives one on one lessons to rider and horse.
    When i first got my horse he was under weight but with the help of the staff at carton within 2months he did a 180. My horse is the type of horse in which his weight can fluchuate if not kept an eye on and needs special attention when it comes to his diet but in 4years he has never looked better thanks to Carton... I also have done BHS exams with them with excellent tutoring and practical lessons.
    There are regular showjumping competitions/clinics for all levels and the other liveries customers and parents are very nice and there is a great atmosphere about the place.
    if you would like any information just message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭landcruiserfj62

Have a look at Summerview Equestrian in Summerhill, its just 15mins from maynooth. Qualified and professional staff with full livery at 70e a wk which includes a lesson or your horse being schooled once a week.
    They are on facebook and there website is www.summerviewequestrian.com i moved up there when they opened two months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sazzzybear

Have a look at Summerview Equestrian in Summerhill, its just 15mins from maynooth. Qualified and professional staff with full livery at 70e a wk which includes a lesson or your horse being schooled once a week.
    They are on facebook and there website is www.summerviewequestrian.com i moved up there when they opened two months ago

Did that used to be summerhill equestrian?? the old acorn equestrian??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭landcruiserfj62

no, its a new riding school and livery yard. It used to be a private yard. It has a great atmosphere.

loukealy wrote: »
    I keep my horse Carton Equestrian Center... Iv been going there for over 10years. They are good priced when it comes to livery i was shocked at some of the prices of other yards that iv seen on this. Carton have an all weather outdoor arena, a new indoor arena, 3-5 paddocks, a large field with gallops and xcountry, stables for horses and ponies, 2 tack rooms and the staff are willing to cater to the needs of any rider and horse. There are qualified instructors avalible to give lessons to all including a professional showjumper that gives one on one lessons to rider and horse.
    When i first got my horse he was under weight but with the help of the staff at carton within 2months he did a 180. My horse is the type of horse in which his weight can fluchuate if not kept an eye on and needs special attention when it comes to his diet but in 4years he has never looked better thanks to Carton... I also have done BHS exams with them with excellent tutoring and practical lessons.
    There are regular showjumping competitions/clinics for all levels and the other liveries customers and parents are very nice and there is a great atmosphere about the place.
    if you would like any information just message me.

Carton is great but livery is a bit pricey,was told its 400 a month ? :(

no, its a new riding school and livery yard. It used to be a private yard. It has a great atmosphere.

I saw "working livery"is 40 euro a week ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sazzzybear

Whats working livery?? never heard of it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Sazzzybear wrote: »
    Whats working livery?? never heard of it... :)

Horse is used in lessons as part livery payment

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

5* Livery Yard - Curragh
    We are ½ mile from TRI and just off motor way! Close to Naas, Newbridge, Kildare,Kill etc
    Private competition yard ran by Grand Prix/World Cup Rider and Trainer with over 15yrs exp! Beautiful yard with top facilities at very affordable rates! Professional qualified,friendly staff with yrs of experience in the horse ind.
    Training available for liverys, jumping or dressage.
    A chance to better both you and your horse with our fantastic trainer.
    What we offer:
    * Full/Half & DIY Livery
    * Hunting Livery (We can prepare, turn out and plait your horse the morning before hunt)
    * We break, school and fix problematic horses
    * We prep horses for sales,viewings and shows.
    * Large out door newly surfaced all weather arena
    * Indoor horse walker
    * Huge stables (Large mare and foal boxes also)
    * Miles of fantastic hacking
    * Clipping service
    * Stallions welcome
    We are15min to all major show grounds inc - Killdare Int, Kill and Coilog!
    Call for more info: <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

Sorry!

Advertisement