Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to send money home

Options
  • 04-05-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, guys, been here a few months now and have managed to save up enough to pay off the ol credit card back home. What are people’s recommendations for sending cash home? I'm with commonwealth and will be transferring to bank of Ireland, but seeing as its almost 3000$ I want a good exchange rate and don’t want to get charged a fortune at both ends of the transfer if that could be avoided. Any help of tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

cooper90 wrote: »
    Hi, guys, been here a few months now and have managed to save up enough to pay off the ol credit card back home. What are people’s recommendations for sending cash home? I'm with commonwealth and will be transferring to bank of Ireland, but seeing as its almost 3000$ I want a good exchange rate and don’t want to get charged a fortune at both ends of the transfer if that could be avoided. Any help of tips would be appreciated.

search the forum for 'forex' just don't do a bank-bank transfer anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Am using currencyfair.com regularly - very much hassle free, and its Ireland based too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 angrywestbrit

hi' I'm a new poster and have a squillion pounds to invest, cleverly mind you cleverly, any ideas?

answers pertaining to tiddilillions please

no time wasters please

yours

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Send it all to me and I'll sort it out for ye ;)

Advertisement