Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New German Place

Options
  • 04-05-2011 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Where Delight use to be, hopefully itll be good value, looks promosing though! Its Bratwurst and something else they are going to sell!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Awesome, any idea when it's going to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hey, havent tried there yet but a friend of mine ate there and said it was the best bratwurst he ever had! ya dont feel like ****e after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Mactard wrote: »
    Awesome, any idea when it's going to open?
    been open the last two weeks. They do bratwurst, pretzels and sauerkraut me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Great - Pretzels! Really miss them, hopefully they are not doing Pretzels with chocolate glazing and sprinkles like the crowd at the Xmas market :eek:

Just a stupid question - where is it. Don't know where delight used to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

brmccfc wrote: »
    hey, havent tried there yet but a friend of mine ate there and said it was the best bratwurst he ever had! ya dont feel like ****e after it.
    na that only applies to pizza really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Is that on Augustine St?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

a couple of doors up from sally longs

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

No. It's on Abbeygate street. Opp CP nightclub. I try it for lunch and report back.:)
    I was answering my own Q there, not McTigs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

been open the last two weeks. They do bratwurst, pretzels and sauerkraut me thinks.

Thanks, did not know this! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Shanley wrote: »
    Where Delight use to be, hopefully itll be good value, looks promosing though! Its Bratwurst and something else they are going to sell!

where was Delight?

brmccfc wrote: »

nothing special there. You get Bratwurst at Aldi, Bretzels, albeit with too much salt, at the market.In these recessionary times some folk are cooking at home.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    nothing special there. You get Bratwurst at Aldi, Bretzels, albeit with too much salt, at the market.In these recessionary times some folk are cooking at home.

T'was an in-joke referring to a post from yesterday: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056242285 (post 2) :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

OMG! Do they have liverwurst or bludwurst? Do they? Do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

I tried the bratwurst, I'd give it a mediocre thumbs up. €4.50 gets you a hot dog with onions, wasn't gone on the flavour. I'd be open to trying a few other things in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Delight is GONE??? Nooooo I loved that place great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Delight is GONE??? Nooooo I loved that place great food.
    Keep up!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Does this place belong to the dude that was on here ranting about the Christmas market?? wasn't it a cafe like this he wanted to open??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Keep up!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm grieving, my delight is no more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Myself and himself happened on this place when it had just opened, I wasn't impressed with the pretzel to be honest. The coffee was delicious and came with a mini milka bar - nom :-) The lady who served us was really nice. Early days, but this place seems like it has potential!

• Advertisement

wandered into the place today. Not too expensive and its nice to see some ethnic snacks. Pity that she cannot sell beer. It goes well with bretzels which could do with less salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Was in Joyces in Knocknacarra today and saw that they have a stall selling Pretzels, bread and sausages there now. Same crowd as in town, the lady there gave us her card. Bought some pretzels which were nice.

Handy if you are that side of town and have a craving for pretzels - no need to go into town!

Advertisement