Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More naval visitors to the U.K.

• 04-05-2011 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Due in Portsmouth on Wednesday 17th. June are four Indian Navy ships. They are INS Delhi, INS Beas, INS Brahmaputra along with the tanker INS Aditya. They will be under the command of Admiral Surider Pal Singh Cheema. INS Delhi sister ship is the INS Mumbai which had a SEA King onboard when she visited Portsmouth in 2005. They are here for Exercise Konkan.
    British ships involved are HMS Northumberland, HMS Westminster, HMS Trafalgar, RFA Mounts Bay and RFA Rosalie. A R.A.F. Nimrod will also be used. This info came from the Queens Harbour Master for Portsmouth web site under the section News.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

destroyers, guided missile frigates, replenishment ships, landing docks and a maritime patrol aircraft? what kinda party are they planning? :confused:
    Isnt HMS Trafalgar the submarine that the Royal Navy decommissioned couple of years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

destroyers, guided missile frigates, replenishment ships, landing docks and a maritime patrol aircraft? what kinda party are they planning? :confused:

It is said above for you, by the OP, It is a Naval Exercise "Exercise Konkan". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Steyr wrote: »
    It is said above for you, by the OP, It is a Naval Exercise "Exercise Konkan". :)

You know what I meant..

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/newsrf.php?newsid=14611

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

You know what I meant..

Actually no I did not, you came across puzzled about Military equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Starlifter

The U.S.S. Kearsarge COULD BE in Portsmouth Harbour at the same time as the U.S.S. George Bush visit. If so it has six Harriers , V-22 Osprey's plus some helicopters onboard. I would expect the helicopters to be UH-1 Iroquois and H-53 Sea Stallion and maybe SH-60 Seahawk. This info came from a web site I found and was by a member of the press. He did mention the fact that was six Harriers onboard and that one of the V-22's rescued the downed F-15E Strike Eagle pilot in Libya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Starlifter

Queens Harbour Master notice 39/11. Local Notice To Mariners.......Visit Of A Nuclear Powered Vessel To The Solent 27-31May 2011. No time given, also U.S.S.Truxtun DDG 103 is rumoured to be visiting Portsmouth Harbour plus a possible one other. I think the U.S.S. Kearsedge is a non-runner. But it would seem that the visit to Stoke Bay of theU.S.S. George H W Bush CVN-77 is on. I will be down there. Any one else going?

Advertisement