Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Spire - Around 9pm This Morning?

• 04-05-2011 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭

I was passing by the Spire on O'Connell Street at about 9:10am this morning. There were two plain clothes Gardai and a worker from Dublin City Council doing something with a bicycle that was chained to one of the lampposts.

I couldn't tell whether they were removing the bike or indeed attaching the bike. They appeared to be using some sort of ratchet which seemed odd as if they wanted to remove it I guess they could have just used a bolt cutters.

Anyone have any idea what was happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

It may be security related. With herself coming over the Guards are in the processing of screening and securing all the locations and routes. I also see they've been out welding drain covers etc and marking them to show if they get tampered with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I couldn't tell whether they were removing the bike or indeed attaching the bike. They appeared to be using some sort of ratchet which seemed odd as if they wanted to remove it I guess they could have just used a bolt cutters.

Anyone have any idea what was happening?

Could be a ratcheting bolt cutter. Easier to use and more compact than those big yokes you have to bounce up and down on...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

They may have been just opening the lamppost door, the bicycle could have just been in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I went up there about 9.30 and they were working on a lamp post further up, it may just have been that. Still, a reason not to lock your bike to a lamp post.

Advertisement