Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACS Current Employer Reference

Options
  • 04-05-2011 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

There is a similar thread on this subject but I dont wanna hijack it...

Im wondering how did everyone get a reference from their current employer to add to their application to the ACS?

I have a reference on the way from a previous employer but am very reluctant to give my current employer any indication that I am considering applying for a PR visa.

What im thinking of doing is sending the following regarding my current role...

Statutory declaration stating my role and technologies used etc,
    Offer Letter,
    Contract on company letterhead,
    Sample Payslips over the last 3 years,
    P60s from 2008,2009,2010
    My company Business Card
    Copy of an email sent from the recruiter to me outlining the role and an interview time.

Has anyone else done the following or am I gonna end up having to get one in the end?

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

I just asked the employer for the reference letter, and said it was for an exemption for a college course.

The letter was on headed paper, signed by the HR manager and described the role and technoloigies that I have been working on along with title changes & promotions that have occured during my period of employment.

This was then certified by a solicitor and sent to the ACS as part of the assesment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Hi folks,

There is a similar thread on this subject but I dont wanna hijack it...

Im wondering how did everyone get a reference from their current employer to add to their application to the ACS?

I have a reference on the way from a previous employer but am very reluctant to give my current employer any indication that I am considering applying for a PR visa.

What im thinking of doing is sending the following regarding my current role...

Statutory declaration stating my role and technologies used etc,
    Offer Letter,
    Contract on company letterhead,
    Sample Payslips over the last 3 years,
    P60s from 2008,2009,2010
    My company Business Card
    Copy of an email sent from the recruiter to me outlining the role and an interview time.

I had to do the exact same, I just wrote up a stat dec, outlining my role, dates of employment, tech used and salary. a lot of what you are adding is overkill, but add it if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

hussey wrote: »
    I had to do the exact same, I just wrote up a stat dec, outlining my role, dates of employment, tech used and salary. a lot of what you are adding is overkill, but add it if you want

Im glad to hear someone has done the same and got a successful result.
    From what I have found by searching a bit the people who have got a successful skills assessment without a current reference from an employer are few and far between.

Then again 90% of the info i've found online have been from people who were based in India looking for a visa and i'm not sure if they would consider these applications more high risk as there is so many of them applying?

Im glad to hear someone has done the same and got a successful result.
    From what I have found by searching a bit the people who have got a successful skills assessment without a current reference from an employer are few and far between.

Then again 90% of the info i've found online have been from people who were based in India looking for a visa and i'm not sure if they would consider these applications more high risk as there is so many of them applying?

No loads of people are in the same boat, and the ACS knows this, they are not an evil corp out to get people.

It's pretty standard for a lot of companies not to give out references or else people in X wanting to move to Oz and don't want to tell their boss.

It's not few and far between, it's a lot of cases. Also the info is on the ACS somewhere as when I did it I found it, but it's not the easiest of websites

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

India are at the top of the High Risk list.

Try Britishexpat.com or Pomsinoz.com as these forums are mostly Brits which would be similar category to Irish cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

1.3. If you are reluctant to approach your current employer for a statement of service that you need for your application, you may submit a personal statement on a properly signed and witnessed Statutory Declaration. The Statutory Declaration is to detail as a minimum:
    • the reason/s why you are submitting a Statutory Declaration;
    • and all the necessary detail about your employment experience.

Important: If you provide a Statutory Declaration with your application, you must also provide some form of corroborative information from a third party for the claims made in the Statutory Declaration.

Its the bit in bold that im also worried about as the company I work for is so small there is no third party that I could ask besides my manager himself.

1.3. If you are reluctant to approach your current employer for a statement of service that you need for your application, you may submit a personal statement on a properly signed and witnessed Statutory Declaration. The Statutory Declaration is to detail as a minimum:
    • the reason/s why you are submitting a Statutory Declaration;
    • and all the necessary detail about your employment experience.

Important: If you provide a Statutory Declaration with your application, you must also provide some form of corroborative information from a third party for the claims made in the Statutory Declaration.

Its the bit in bold that im also worried about as the company I work for is so small there is no third party that I could ask besides my manager himself.

3rd party can be pay slips, contracts etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

32. Will you contact my employer? We reserve the right to contact your employer in the course of an assessment.

Has anyone had any experience with this, I cannot tell my current employer about the visa and would hate if they rang to check up.

Advertisement