Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk gone from sys dropdown

Options
  • 04-05-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

The "sys" dropdown menu up at the top right doesn't have the helpdesk in it for me any more (I've a gut feeling other stuff is missing too but I haven't got the time to do a compare). If I click on "sys" it's available on the sys forum page (forum 81).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm using the Beta skin and I can see it when I hover over the "Sys" option...

Temp internet files / cookies cleared out?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It's on 3 different machines and I tried Chrome and Firefox. Maybe it's my skin. I use the black skin. I'll check now....

Good idea but not my skin. I tried forum default and the beta skin. Also cleared my cache, restarted my browser (Chrome), re-logged in. Still no helpdesk in the drop down.

I am subscribed to the dispute resolution forum (which is a sub forum of helpdesk) because of my cmod duties. Not sure if that's relevant or not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Shows up fine for me on chrome using beta theme. I checked firefox and it wasn't showing up, that was while logged out and using the standard skin.

I told a lie. It does appear with the beta skin (I think the skin hadn't fully loaded). I need to use the black skin. It hides my browsing in work beside my lovely black terminals. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Dav changed the permissions on Help Desk a few days ago. That hid it from the old menu but not the new. The two menus are generated differently and it's awkward to make them agree.

It'll get fixed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement