Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb mobile broadband ending in june in dublin 15

Options
  • 04-05-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I have been told they are pulling the service in dublin 15 and i have to move onto a new package supplied by smart telecom. I live in coolmine and upc is not ready there yet.any recomendations on what to move to? anybody else getting cut off this service in June?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm surprised UPC isn't in Coolmine. Its available in areas all around that. I assume you phoned UPC and asked directly are not relying on their maps and website. If you can get smart telecom I assume you can get any of the providers who use a phone line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭YouTalkinToMe

Hey Wildlifeman i got a letter saying they are finishing it in June.Are we not able to go on one of their other wireless packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Whatever you do don't get Eircom....

UPC would be the best option if and when it becomes available.

I've never been that happy with UPC but I don't think my experience is usual. Most people seem to have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

they are not offering a wireless service at all you have to go throught the phone line i belieive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I'm using these and am quite happy with them

http://www.imagine.ie/

Coolmine, being near the mast, should have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

I use brodband from three.ie I cancel my contract with UPC becouse they can't fix one problem in 6 months !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Digiweb are switching me to smart telecom. I have initially agreed but i want a get out period. I use torrents so imagine is not for me. anyone know if smart telecom allow torrents?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

I signed up for this service at the start of May. Digiweb told me that they would put me down for it and wait for a call from Eircom about reconnecting my phone line. I have chased up digiweb twice and they said both times that the ball is in Eircoms court as they control the phone line and there is no way to chase them up. its now the 15th so thats pushing 6 weeks now. I dont think it takes any company on the globe 6 weeks to reconnect a phone line at the exchange. I'll give them one more week or I am taking my business elsewhere. beware folks.

Dunno about that, I tried over a few years to get my phone line switched to UTVIP and got nowhere. Eircom wouldn't fix my line for data either. Just recently cancelled the line completely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭YouTalkinToMe

Is it tomorrow were meant to be cut off?I cant get any phone line bb as its 2 awkard with were the line is so ive signed up with imagine wimax,also i got my email to say next months payment is due as usual but at the full price but its been cut tomorrow so shouldnt that be only half?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Wimax is awful, we had the ibb breeze and they wanted to move us to the wimax, it was dire. In the end UPC upgrade the estate and we switched to them. No caompliants so far, better then Ibb/imagine ever were.

Advertisement