Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rapidshare Megaupload etc

• 04-05-2011 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

How do these work? Like how can you search for movies, t.v. series etc. Are these websites any use? Slow your computer down?

Anytime I go onto one of these sites I just get the option to upload.

If you pay the years membership for rapidshare is it worth it? Or would it be stupid to use your credit/laser card to do that?

Are there any other better sites?

Any advice appreicated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

You can't really search their sites, but other sites claim to allow you to.

Files are hosted there, and the links will be posted on other forums and such by the uploader.

I've never had any problems with them, I've used paypal in the past to get a subscription.

Depends how much you download, and what you download and the availability of such across the huge range of file hosting sites as to how long to commit to.

You don't really see a huge amount of stuff hosted on rapidshare anymore, not as much as you used to, since they changed their model.

The sites are safe, but you can never be sure about the files you download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

sites like rapidshare are file shareing sites where you can upload and send someone a link to a file (aka if it was too bit to send over email) "warez" sites then started to use them where you upload say a tv show to rapidshare site and then post your link on a warez forum. to download a few links at the same time (for example a movie could be 4 links) u would need to pay for the "pro" type of what ever fileshareing accout u use. there is lots of info online about this just google
    file sharing
    and
    Warez

any qustions you then have just ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beanok77

Cool thanks for that. I'll have a mess around with it. I have never downloaded movies/music but I'm thinking of getting an external hard drive so I can get free movies and that.

Someone also recommended oron.com to me! but I heard this is only of the adult nature!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Good site to start with would be warez-bb.org have a look and find a the most pop file shareing site they useing to get movies etc and use that one,
    i think fileserve or rapidshare is pop on it

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beanok77

Are there any free sites. Or is it better to pay the membership?

Just a bit worried about giving my cc or laser card to these sites!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Surprised this thread hasn't shut by the mods (boards can be a bit anal about anything even remotely illegal)

The above is correct, but you're site choices are pretty bad.
    Rapidshare used to be the leader, but not worth it anymore (nobody uses them)
    Megaupload free version is almost as good as the pro so not worth it either.

I'd go filesonic (**** but evevyone uses it) if you're only buying one.
    Also try a 1month subscription first (no point paying for a year then not using it)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sorry but we can't help you download stuff illegally here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement