Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atkins or Primal Blueprint?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ah. I was curious as I doing low carb following protein power book.

My ratios today according to fitday are 70% fat / 20% protein / 10% carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

guy's - I think there is a misunderstanding here about the word diet in "Paleo Diet". It is not a "diet" in the WW sense of the word that will allow you to lose weight quickly - it's a diet in the sense it's going to be your everyday eating from now on. I think if remember that you'll expect less of a dramatic drop in weight, if you are like me you'll also learn to appreciate what you eat much more as its fresh and prepared by yourself.
    I don't stick 100% to it as I have the odd brown scone as a treat and bran or porridge oats - but other than that preparing fresh wonderfully flavoured food and enjoying eating it has been a revelation for me ( and I am someone who claimed to love cooking before I ever heard of Paleo or Atkins! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

sorry to drag up an old thread but was just wondering how you're getting on, DarkBlonde? :) I've properly started primal today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

crazyy wrote: »
    sorry to drag up an old thread but was just wondering how you're getting on, DarkBlonde? :) I've properly started primal today!

Hi,

I started primal about 3 weeks ago. I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms from sugar or anything, and actually found it easier than I thought I would.
    I felt less bloated after 2 or 3 days, and have been told my face is less bloated...even though people never noticed it was bloated beforehand (if that makes sense?).
    I lost 6lbs in the first week. Since then I have been away a lot so have put on 2lbs, then lost 2lbs etc.
    I'm home now though....and ready to go primal again, and stick to it forever I hope! :)

I used to eat a sandwich every day, and couldnt imagine a dinner without some sort of carbs, so I'm completely shocked that I am not finding it harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

hi :) they're great results well done! I've just started but have heard so many good things about it, I'm looking forward to seeing some results. yeah it seems easier than I thought it'd be to cut the carbs :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement