Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sagemcom freesat recorders

Options
  • 04-05-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi
    this is my first ever post so i m not sure what i can say with out getting in trouble.
    but i have recently bought a sagemcom freesat recorder 500gb ,and have had nothing but problems hard drive crashed then got a replacement and again hard drive crashed .which turns a 300euro recorder in to a very expense reciever .
    i have finally got a refund and have purchased a humax foxsat freesat box 500gb for 350euro bit more expensive but it is far better machine remote menu options software over all useablity much better

so if your in the market for a freesat recorder get the humax

i hope this saves some hardship for other users
    pushtostop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Welcome to the forum. And thanks for posting your experience with sagemcom freesat recorder.

I agree that the humax freesat hdr is a fine receiver. If you have a home network in your house you maybe interested in this thread in avforums.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1442060-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-3-dummies-guide.html

Turns a great hdr into an even better one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Where did you get the Foxsat 500gb for €350?

f this was a recent purchase, you paid well in excess of what you should have I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pushtostop

Hi
    Paid 320euro in the end
    Ya seen them cheaper on ebay but i bought from local store in southeast
    After the hassle i got with other boxes just wanted a store i could deal with
    In the event of any more problems
    How much is alot cheaper and where or is it an internet job too
    Thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭John mac

280 eur ish from richersounds
    Amazon also do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pushtostop

Ya simalar on ebay
    To be honest the warranty and local was worth it for me
    I pretty much work right next door and their decent bout returns
    It a great box miles above sagemcom hopefully this thread will
    Save some others a little hardship
    If anyone knows how to get bbc i player working through
    It please let me know would be a great addition
    Thanx for replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Amazon sell the Humax 500gb @ €265.00 approx. with free delivery / full warranty and customer service / returns policy is second to none.

If you're more comfortable buying from a bricks and mortar store, then that price was good for you I guess.

You won't be able to utilise iPlayer functionality with an Irish IP address, unless you engage in some laborious shenanigans at router level.

Advertisement