Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for glasses

Options
  • 04-05-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

Just after having to get myself a new set of glasses as I dropped the old ones and cracked the lens, not too bothered as had them 3 years.

However I'm after spending over 300 on my new glasses and would hate if the same happened within a week or even within a year. So was wondering can you get insurance for glasses. I've to ask now in specsavers when I go back in to collect them next week.

Just wondering though as no mention on there website of insurance if anyone knows anywhere that offers it. Note I don't have a house so can't put it on house insurance.

I did post this in the eyeglasses forum last week and no response so thought some people here might know. Even if someone could advise what insurance companies are more likely to do this kind of insurance as I think I'm going to have to start ringing around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Just after having to get myself a new set of glasses as I dropped the old ones and cracked the lens, not too bothered as had them 3 years.

However I'm after spending over 300 on my new glasses and would hate if the same happened within a week or even within a year. So was wondering can you get insurance for glasses. I've to ask now in specsavers when I go back in to collect them next week.

Just wondering though as no mention on there website of insurance if anyone knows anywhere that offers it. Note I don't have a house so can't put it on house insurance.

I did post this in the eyeglasses forum last week and no response so thought some people here might know. Even if someone could advise what insurance companies are more likely to do this kind of insurance as I think I'm going to have to start ringing around.

I cant imagine any company offering insurance on glasses, unless the premium is prohibitive

Glasses, by their nature, are highly prone to being lost or damaged and the likelihood of a claim would be extremely high - almost guaranteed if the glasses are more than 2 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stuff like this may be coverable on your home contents insurance.

Advertisement