Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SGU -How will it end?

• 04-05-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭

Just been discussing this on an IRC channel, wondering what the boards community think?

My moneys on them meeting Atlantis/The Daedalus and probably being saved from the drones by them.

What are your predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

With a cliffhanger never to be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

My moneys on them meeting Atlantis/The Daedalus and probably being saved from the drones by them.
    Hahaha no. They're in another galaxy far far far far....etc away.

It'll end on a cliffhanger as it wasn't known until very late that the show was getting canceled i.e. it'll end as if there's going to be a Season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

atlantis has wormhole drive tho if anyone remembers its last episode!
    im all honesty it will be a cliffhanger, it was cancelled by syfi and not the people who make it so someone could still come in for it.
    anyone know how the ratings are doing since it was moved to monday. a decent run to the end of this series may get them to change their minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

They've been hovering around a million for the last few episodes. Think they were at 850,000ish when it was cancelled?? I think? Where's Richard when you need him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I presume "Gauntlet" is them having to travel through the depths of Drone controlled space so we're probably going to see the usual of the ship being low on power, a massive swarm of drones coming in for the kill, all hope lost, excetera, excetera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vinny_963

wormhole drive or not theres no chance an atlantis meet up is happening, someones gonna die preferably chloe and then yea massive cliffhanger with the whole ship in danger and then maybe saved by their descendents at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

reckon eli rides rush

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Conor108 wrote: »
    They've been hovering around a million for the last few episodes. Think they were at 850,000ish when it was cancelled?? I think? Where's Richard when you need him...

It's already been cancelled, so he has nothing to rub in our faces :pac:

i heard the replicators come back as rodney mccane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I presume "Gauntlet" is them having to travel through the depths of Drone controlled space so we're probably going to see the usual of the ship being low on power, a massive swarm of drones coming in for the kill, all hope lost, excetera, excetera.

If people havent seen the penultimate ep:
    Well, they've got a full charge now, so that main gun can really be put to use against their command ships. They're unshielded so its no huge task
    KerranJast wrote: »
    Hahaha no. They're in another galaxy far far far far....etc away.

True, but we dont really know where they began and what direction they've been going exactly(except not directly towards earth). Remember they used 34 gates to get to atlantis and the Dead' has hyperspace not FTL so it has a much greater range than Destiny. Also, Atlantis isnt stationary.....drones v atlantian drones?:p

I'd also anticipate a reappearance of the Ursini fellas, they are at war with the ****ing drones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭somuj

True, but we dont really know where they began and what direction they've been going exactly(except not directly towards earth). Remember they used 34 gates to get to atlantis and the Dead' has hyperspace not FTL so it has a much greater range than Destiny. Also, Atlantis isnt stationary.....drones v atlantian drones?:p

Nobody knows how fast the FTL drive on Destiny is. Its never explained how it functions or if its faster or slower than a ship going to hyperspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'd also anticipate a reappearance of the Ursini fellas, they are at war with the ****ing drones.

I thought the Ursini were all dead?

somuj wrote: »
    Nobody knows how fast the FTL drive on Destiny is. Its never explained how it functions or if its faster or slower than a ship going to hyperspace.
    Yeah, its ambiguous alright:
    "It's not clear just how fast Destiny's own F.T.L. drive can go. The fact that it takes months (or years) to cross a galaxy implies that it is much slower than hyperspace travel; but the fact that it does not require years to cross the vast expanse between galaxies implies that it is not several magnitudes slower. It is possible that the ship can vary its speed within F.T.L."
    I thought the Ursini were all dead?
    We don't know really IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

it's gonna end as a cliffhanger, there was a TV Movie in the works to finish it off, but the plug was pulled on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Cliffhanger, and then we'll read what was supposed on happen on that guy's blog.

Not the best way to find out what happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

A Lt. boobs/Lisa Park/Chloe threesome girl-on-girl actionfest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

rush will divide by zero and hey presto they will be home:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

A Lt. boobs/Lisa Park/Chloe threesome girl-on-girl actionfest!

Sure Ginn might even come back for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I bet that the creators of the drones were the decendents of the crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i heard the replicators come back as rodney mccane

wait wait wait how did i miss this.......its mckay!!!!!! you sir are banned:cool:

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

my guess is that they are gona find out that their decendants are the creators of the drones.
    and they will have to fight through them to find it out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Riamfada wrote: »

Surely the people they picked up on that planet would have recognised the technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Surely the people they picked up on that planet would have recognised the technology.

not if they were developed in the 30 years since they lost contact. 30 years is a long time to develop FTL ect. Especially if they were created by one of the other colonies.

What a load of bollox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Lets keep this thread spoilers free, just in case anyone has seen the last ep and wants to jump in and confirm / deny anyones predictions.

I'll hopefully be watching it tonight.

have to say episode was good, **** for the season to be ending as it would have been awesome to continue it on...

maybe they will bring out a new one (lives in hope....)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gods damn it!
    Its over, just watched it, best season ending ever for SG, perhaps any show aside from BSG and the feckin thing is cancelled!
    Bloody SG fans in the US, getting all huffy because they tried something a little more grown up, killing the fanbase for SGU and the show.
    MGM getting wrestling instead?
    So grown sweaty men in lycra is better than SGU????
    WTF!

I mean, we see tripe over and over again on SyFy and MGM and they wont greenlight even a movie to finish out the tale, not only that but they cancel all prospective Stargate movies?

So, the have taken a knife and just stabbed the healthy heart of a good franchise?

I have never been so incensed by a decision, I mean, Heroes was kept on life support well past it's sell by date, so has Chuck, the third season of that was awful, only picking up in the second part of the fourth.
    Warehouse 13 is still going and it is no where near the quality of SGU.

So, really, all the public seem to want to watch are police/hospital procedural dramas, sports and reality shows, the only decent scifi show left is Fringe and at least that has been green lit for another season.

We may be in a golden age of movie science fiction, with Source Code and District 9 being torch bearers but tv science fiction is circling the plug hole.

Advertisement