Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to bring to Australia

Options
  • 04-05-2011 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Are there anythings you didn't bring to Australia but when you got there you thought crap I really should have brought that with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

My Toyota Hilux

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Lol.
    How did you bring your stuff? I'm thinking about making a coffin style box for my golf clubs and a few tools with me being a carpenter.
    Would the best way be to fed ex the box or is there any Irish company's!?
    Or is there a cheaper way!?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Lyons tea & bananas for me. I'm sick of paying $13 a kilo for bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Some winter clothes.... Turns out it's cold and ****ty here too some of the time.

Laptops seem to be the big one that people end up getting sent over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

amybabes wrote: »
    Some winter clothes.... Turns out it's cold and ****ty here too some of the time.

Laptops seem to be the big one that people end up getting sent over

Warm clothes is a big one people never assume australia gets cold (thanks to neighbours and home and away) Sydney and Melbourne get pretty cold in winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

A years supply of sausages and rashers!! Saturday mornings are just not the same!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

yes. Australia can get cold, especially at night out in the sticks. Apart from that I think I brought more than I needed and ended up getting rid of half the things I brought with me. But everyone is different, people need different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Im going over in two weeks and like the OP would love to know are there actually any essentials ye guys would advise to bring for a years stay?... we all know food cannot be brought and we get the idea that rashers is something people would love!

Anything which will get through customs?

Great advice on warm clothes, I thought as much myself.

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MirchMasala

@NoelAPM .. There's a cargo company in dublin - Careline, they offer door to door service at reasonable rate.

10 boxes - 650 euros
    15 boxes - 850 euros

Another company named Sevenseas is also offering similar service, but i think their rates are a bit high..

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Thanks. Grateful for that. I'll check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

If you plan on renting particularly a house bring what you can because most ain't furnished,not even a teaspoon!

Thank god for Ikea.

Cramming as much stuff electrical as possible this time,think i will leave the toothbrush though :D.

Advertisement