Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returned payment fee?

• 04-05-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm renting a house (with two others) and the ESB comes to the house as usual. We get the bill to the rented house and lodge the money into the landlady's account.
    Got a new bill in the door yesterday and noticed a "returned payment fee" on the detailed part of it. Can't find any info about this on the ESB's website.

I'm guessing it means the ladylady didn't pay the last bill on time? If so, should this be deducted from what we, the tenants, actually owe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

alanatoday wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm renting a house (with two others) and the ESB comes to the house as usual. We get the bill to the rented house and lodge the money into the landlady's account.
    Got a new bill in the door yesterday and noticed a "returned payment fee" on the detailed part of it. Can't find any info about this on the ESB's website.

I'm guessing it means the ladylady didn't pay the last bill on time? If so, should this be deducted from what we, the tenants, actually owe?

Best bet is to ring ESB direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

RangeR wrote: »
    Best bet is to ring ESB direct.

The ESB won't deal with the OP as the contract is with the Landlady.

Landlady should sort it out, she was late and you paid her on time so its her problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭alanatoday

The ESB won't deal with the OP as the contract is with the Landlady.

Landlady should sort it out, she was late and you paid her on time so its her problem.

I rang the ESB and they won't tell me what the fee is because of Data protection issues, which is fine.

I checked all my other bills and the previous one has the same fee, so in total we were charged apx E12 through no fault of the tenants. My landlady will be getting a call from me later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Don't ask the exact question. Just ask them in general... If A happens, what happens to the bill. I can't see the data protection issue. Their pricing structure should be transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭alanatoday

Rang the ESB again and asked, in general terms, what would happen if the bill was paid late/not at all. They said that I would incur a E6 charge from them, which is exactly the amount we were charged on this bill and the last one.
    Result!
    I will definitely be bringing this the the landladys attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Alana, Is the bill in your name?, if it is why are you paying it in to the landlady's account rather than paying ESB directly yourself?

If it is in the Landlady's name then it's her problem and the ESB will chase her not you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

davo10 wrote: »
    Alana, Is the bill in your name?, if it is why are you paying it in to the landlady's account rather than paying ESB directly yourself?

If it is in the Landlady's name then it's her problem and the ESB will chase her not you.

I think the OP's problem is that he paid her more as she didnt pay on time even though the OP paid her on time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I think the OP's problem is that he paid her more as she didnt pay on time even though the OP paid her on time

Ah makes sense now, thanks Rev. Op pay the biil yourself if it is in your name and explain to landlady that you are deducting the extra cost incurred by her not paying on time. If its in her name, forget about it, it's her problem

Advertisement