Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus is coming to D15

Options
  • 04-05-2011 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I like going to the circus with my kids but I'd rather go to a circus with no animals.

I've just seen one of their fliers. It says that they have a zoo after the circus finishes "come see our 7 month old lion cub":(.

There'll be plenty of tears next week when I tell my kids they're not going.
    I'll take them to the cimema instead.

You'd think in this day and age that this practice of animals in circus's would be illegal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

Fair play to you, the mistreatment of animals by the circus is absolutely horrific. You can read more about it here http://www.bornfreeusa.org/a1a2_circus.php

Whatever disappointment your children feel for not going, when grown up they will respect you much more for having a parent with high moral values.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Why did you name the circus in the title of the thread?
    Surely that is just giving them free advertising?
    I had seen two posters for it and won't be taking my kids and they know why at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Sharrow wrote: »
    Why did you name the circus in the title of the thread?
    Surely that is just giving them free advertising?

Name and shame them.

Let them hire a few extra clowns or a magician, there's really no need for the animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The best way to kill a circus is to go for the juggler ;).

I agree about the animals, its cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is not a Dublin 15-specific topic. Additionally, you have not provided any proof that any animals have been mistreated.

If you have a problem with circuses in general I suggest that you raise the issue in the appropriate forum (maybe Animal & Pet Issues?). Be sure to read the forum charter before you post there.

Closed.

HB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement