Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lexmark x500n "Empty Paper Tray" fault

• 04-05-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a Lexmark x500n multi function laser printer which works well with the exception of an intermittent (but increasingly frequent) error where it incorrectly states the paper tray is empty (when it's actually loaded with paper) thus preventing any print jobs from printing.

It seems to be a physical problem of some sort and I've tried rooting around to see if there is an obvious problem without success.

I've searched high and low online without success (plenty of people reporting the same problem but no solution discovered) and I've tried the manual without success.

If anyone here has had the same problem and resolved it I'd be very grateful for your advice. Alternatively if you can recommend a printer engineer who can diagnose and fix the problem for less than the cost of a new printer I'd also be grateful.

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Theres usually a small sensor pad which touches the (front-facing) side of the sheets. Might be worth making sure its in place properly and try fiddle with it.
    Had a similar issue years ago where that pad was mis-aligned, and that sorted it.

Advertisement