Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I sent the connection box to?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

I am not an eircom customer have not been in 10 years and I am sick of sales reps from what ever company ye have contracted out to, asking can they just step inside my door to 'check' the connection box.

They are not engineers and seem to think once they can get inside my door they can push their sale tactics harder. I want the connection box removed.
    If needs be I will do it myself, please tell me where I can send it to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sharrow wrote: »
    I am not an eircom customer have not been in 10 years and I am sick of sales reps from what ever company ye have contracted out to, asking can they just step inside my door to 'check' the connection box.

They are not engineers and seem to think once they can get inside my door they can push their sale tactics harder. I want the connection box removed.
    If needs be I will do it myself, please tell me where I can send it to.

Hi Sharrow,

If you are not an eircom customer then you just need to contact your current provider to be removed from NDD (National Directory Database). Then request for (Third party) marketing calls/ contact to be removed from your account.

The request will be sent to eircom via a body called wholesale who sent the request to eircom to remove your details completly from our database.

The process can take up to 28 days from the request being sent.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I've done that in the past, the door to door sales people just hit every house in the estate, with a print up of all the latest line checks.

And you still didn't answer my question about removing the white connection box from inside my house.

I've done that in the past, the door to door sales people just hit every house in the estate, with a print up of all the latest line checks.

And you still didn't answer my question about removing the white connection box from inside my house.

Hi Sharrow,

As per my tweet ... I am looking into your query with repairs and I will be back to you shortly.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Sharrow,

I have been speaking to our repairs department and they have advised me that eircom are only responsible for the installation as maintenance of the phone socket. So you will need to seek alternative means to remove it.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

That's fine I can remove it myself then I have the know how and the tools.
    Where can I send it to?

• Advertisement

That's fine I can remove it myself then I have the know how and the tools.
    Where can I send it to?

Hi Sharrow,

You are free to dispose of the phone connection yourself, if you do require a telephone line in the future please let us know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement