Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Marking Schemes/Past Papers

• 04-05-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if there's anywhere that I can find the marking scheme for the SEC sample paper that was published before the 2004 exam?
    And also is there anywhere that I could find sample papers with marking schemes accompanying them on the web or something? I know there was a post similar to this a week or so ago, but the website linked was pretty useless unless you want to buy them. :/

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

hey try examinations.ie its got everything you need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Use that one alot yeah! but it doesnt have marking schemes to anything after 2004, and I was just looking for extra samples. My exam papers have an SEC sample and 2 other sample papers, was hoping there was somewhere with a marking scheme for them around!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Any other suggestions lads? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

biggaman wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if there's anywhere that I can find the marking scheme for the SEC sample paper that was published before the 2004 exam?
    And also is there anywhere that I could find sample papers with marking schemes accompanying them on the web or something? I know there was a post similar to this a week or so ago, but the website linked was pretty useless unless you want to buy them. :/

Cheers!

Afaik you can't get a marking scheme for that paper. Could you ask your teacher to mark it for you?

If you're looking for extra papers to work from, see if you can get the last few mock papers from your teacher. They would have been sent 2 sample mock papers every year (from the 2 companies) and they come with marking schemes so if the teacher is willing to give them to you they could be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Thing they seem to be strictest on is the definitions, like having the key words and that. I lost the bulk of my marks on the mocks for having a decent definition but missing out on that one word they wanted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement