Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@rcadeCon 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Qucik questions? I can use the legendary dogs caught in this game? Just checked out there's Iv's and what not and yeah they're looking great :D

I already know the answer to this but I might as well, I can't use a cloned shiney can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I take it your playing SS/HG? Depends on the tournaments rules, Arcade Con, I think, don't allow anything outside of the Unova dex or event only pokemon or their three legendary dragons.

And I'm not sure, I personally don't use any cloned pokemon, only legit ones, so I can't tell you. I think it's likely to be frowned upon? Not sure though.

Linoud wrote: »
    I take it your playing SS/HG? Depends on the tournaments rules, Arcade Con, I think, don't allow anything outside of the Unova dex or event only pokemon or their three legendary dragons.

And I'm not sure, I personally don't use any cloned pokemon, only legit ones, so I can't tell you. I think it's likely to be frowned upon? Not sure though.
    No, the dog types in Black white, colbon,verizon etc

Oh you mean the Trio from Unova? Now I gotcha. The Musketeers are their nickname I think? Not sure though. Confused me with dogs. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I won't be able to make this con! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Linoud wrote: »
    Oh you mean the Trio from Unova? Now I gotcha. The Musketeers are their nickname I think? Not sure though. Confused me with dogs. :P

Yup, the Unova trio are the Musketeer Trio, and yes they are legal. @rcadecon's ruleset is pretty much VGC rules when it come to eligible Pokémon. Not sure about the rest though.

Excellent got two with benefial nature and max Iv's in one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

I'm starting to wonder how many teams will be packing Landorus and Hydreigon, considering they've the highest total stats out of the unbanned mon's, plus Haxorus has absolutely massive attack and 97 base speed. (Hydreigon is 98 and Landorus is 101)

They're both weak to ice though so I thought I might look into the Ice type when it's limited to B/W. Cryogonal might be popular, with 135 Sp Def and Light Screen/Reflect he could be useful... Beartic is slower than both even with a scarf and Vanilluxe barely outruns them with a scarf. (Vanilluxe can have Ice shard though.)

Personally I'd say Scrafty with Ice punch might handle them... Or be mowed down by Focus Blast and Hurricane, I haven't crunched the numbers to see if he can last against them, but he is pretty sturdy...

Stoutland with Ice-Fang is usuable choice, but I'm only saying that cause I really like Stoutland...

Sigilyph with ice beam can be used, but as with Scraggy he'd be mowed down pretty quickly... Most of the water types can pack Ice beam or Blizzard, but again none can outrun Landorus. (Simipour outruns the other two and ties Landorus, plus has decent Sp Atk, Basculin and Swanna beat Haxorus and tie with Hydreigon.)

In all honesty I don't think there are any amazing counters to take them all on at once, but Terrakion, Conkeldurr and Jellicent handle Hydreigon quite well, and with some careful prediction Thunderus and Virizion can handle Landorus fairly well too. I think Hydreigon with a Choice Scarf would have a decent chance to take on all three so I'll look into it, in fact, anything with a decent special attack could finish Haxorus off pretty quickly, i.e. Simipour.

Rendeva wrote: »
    They're both weak to ice though so I thought I might look into the Ice type when it's limited to B/W. Cryogonal might be popular, with 135 Sp Def and Light Screen/Reflect he could be useful...

He'd be good for Hydreigon, but for anything else you really haven't a hope with that non-existent Physical Defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Rendeva wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder how many teams will be packing Landorus and Hydreigon, considering they've the highest total stats out of the unbanned mon's, plus Haxorus has absolutely massive attack and 97 base speed. (Hydreigon is 98 and Landorus is 101)

They're both weak to ice though so I thought I might look into the Ice type when it's limited to B/W. Cryogonal might be popular, with 135 Sp Def and Light Screen/Reflect he could be useful... Beartic is slower than both even with a scarf and Vanilluxe barely outruns them with a scarf. (Vanilluxe can have Ice shard though.)

Personally I'd say Scrafty with Ice punch might handle them... Or be mowed down by Focus Blast and Hurricane, I haven't crunched the numbers to see if he can last against them, but he is pretty sturdy...

Stoutland with Ice-Fang is usuable choice, but I'm only saying that cause I really like Stoutland...

Sigilyph with ice beam can be used, but as with Scraggy he'd be mowed down pretty quickly... Most of the water types can pack Ice beam or Blizzard, but again none can outrun Landorus. (Simipour outruns the other two and ties Landorus, plus has decent Sp Atk, Basculin and Swanna beat Haxorus and tie with Hydreigon.)

In all honesty I don't think there are any amazing counters to take them all on at once, but Terrakion, Conkeldurr and Jellicent handle Hydreigon quite well, and with some careful prediction Thunderus and Virizion can handle Landorus fairly well too. I think Hydreigon with a Choice Scarf would have a decent chance to take on all three so I'll look into it, in fact, anything with a decent special attack could finish Haxorus off pretty quickly, i.e. Simipour.

Just making sure I have all that written down.

• Advertisement

Any idea of ticket price?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

i think its 20 for a day pass and 35 for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

If the more of you go and book it together you can get cheaper tickets. Not sure how much though...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Sick...I just agreed to work on the 2nd at the stupid script concert. Haha I must have spent five odd hours sr'ing to get a decent landorus...and I have to use the wii browser to check IV's and such on serebii which is a pain in the ass. I tried to catch all musketeers in normal pokeballs as well for the craic, before even realising there was capturing power on the C-Gear :rolleyes:

I'm such a mong, I thought that this was this month and had stopped breeding :s

I can't go cause i'm also busy on the 2nd. But I will try and come along on the sunday, so make sure you lot get to the finals :) I'll be watching. Will they put it up on screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

i hope they do put the finals on big screens or do like a live thing for the elite four, that would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Is this going ahead?

Don't see why it wouldn't be.

I've been engaging in some very last minute training today...

:o So I didn't make it down to this - trains didn't work out.

Was it any good though? Gutted I couldn't go.

• Advertisement

The Pokemon Tournament was awful at Arcade Con. :/ Interesting idea for the elite four but implemented horribly. Top 3 in the tournament fighting the elite four, then if two or more beat all 4, have to play off for 1st place, which would've already happened in the tournament.

Iunno. Maybe I was annoyed because all of the rules were dismissed and it was no longer Unova Only, Double Battle rules. Just 3 on 3, Single Battles. Kinda messed up most people's teams.

Advertisement