Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Project .....

• 04-05-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Ok, so I just finished writting my extended essay into my actual booklet, I wrote it before in a draft and my teacher never said anything was wrong with it so I just wrote it in, but not he told me to count how many words and turns out I have around 1800 including the review. Now he wants me to chop bits out of my project even though I already have everything written in and I feel everything in my eassay is relevent. Anyone know would the examiners mind if I go over a few hundred words ?? What should I do???? :confused::confused: >.<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dannnnn

1800 is absolutely fine. I think what people get confused about is the fact that the 1500 word thing isn't compulsory, it's only a guideline.

Things should only be taken out if your essay & review are over 2000 words.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

was the project not meant to be handed up by now ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

was the project not meant to be handed up by now ?:confused:

They say that so they can be "kept safe" in the vault or something up until the exams. I think it depends on the teachers and the class really. Like theres ALOT of people who just havent bothered to start theirs and did it really late, some people in my class havent even started their first draft yet! (ridiculous!) so he's giving us all more time to do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    They say that so they can be "kept safe" in the vault or something up until the exams. I think it depends on the teachers and the class really. Like theres ALOT of people who just havent bothered to start theirs and did it really late, some people in my class havent even started their first draft yet! (ridiculous!) so he's giving us all more time to do it....

That, quite frankly is ridiculous. I mean, think of all the people who get it done on time, its not fair to them that some people keep doing them after the deadline. And to those who have yet to start their first draft... they are throwing away the easiest 25% in the leaving cert. I dont think they should be allowed to hand them up. I dont mind sneaky finishing touches (btw, 1800 is fine, I had around that) but doing the whole thing in May, when you should be revising is just not on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

orlabobs wrote: »
    That, quite frankly is ridiculous. I mean, think of all the people who get it done on time, its not fair to them that some people keep doing them after the deadline. And to those who have yet to start their first draft... they are throwing away the easiest 25% in the leaving cert. I dont think they should be allowed to hand them up. I dont mind sneaky finishing touches (btw, 1800 is fine, I had around that) but doing the whole thing in May, when you should be revising is just not on.

+1

Teachers who give extra time are undermining the whole process.
    Just imagine the outcry if some centres were allowed an extra hour or so on the written exams and not others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I don't understand how people can't get it done on time, fair enough if you can't find the sources etc but really it is quite a simple assignment. If you do it correctly and properly you could easily get an A, all my class got an A last year. Our teacher got much of the revision done by April and gave us a couple of weeks to finish. Relatively stress free. On the word, i'd say maybe 50 or 60 extra words is the limit.

Advertisement