Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compost tea

Options
  • 04-05-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

I have a batch on the go at the moment and reading around I'm a bit confused. Some people say leave it for a couple of days, others say for a few weeks. And some people say it must be used immediately while others say it can be stored.
    Has anybody made and used their own tea? Any advise on how long to stew it and store it? Would it be ok to use on young plants/seedlings?
    Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Compost Tea uses microbial activity so I presume you should use it as soon as possible as in the Tips and Warnings here. Good soil chemistry/make up is essential to successful gardening. If you get it right your in business.

This lot were mentioned in the article.

As an aside, this is how I dispose of my large collection of nettles (roots & all into a big plastic barrel).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks for that. Pity, I made up a huge amount! Might use it on the lawn and make small batches in future.

Advertisement