Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild cat living underneath house need help

• 04-05-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My brother is in the process of moving out of a rented house in Limerick and has recently discovered there is a ferel cat living underneath the house in a large hole. He has fed her but she is terrified to even be near people let alone be rubbed.There are no kittens that we can see and she dosnt look pregnant/nursing. We are all very concearned for the fate of the poor cat after he is gone and he can't catch it to take with him-any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Im kind of on the same boat, where i live, I also have feral cats, 3 infact and one, the youngest is pregnant (I feed them daily). Thankfully, my 3 are not trapped under the house.

This is a serious problem and an emergency in my opinion so I think calling the ISPCA or LSPCA is the best thing to do and make sure you tell your situation and make sure that they do something about it. Pease.

Ive rang the KSPCA and others to see if they could be neutered and let free again but I got no reply or answer. So, yours is more an emergency so I hope they do something for you.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Yeah a shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

Yeah a shotgun

yeah but you see what works for you might not work for me-I forgot to mention that I'm not a ****ing redneck. But thanks for the reply :)

Bubs99 wrote: »
    Im kind of on the same boat, where i live, I also have feral cats, 3 infact and one, the youngest is pregnant (I feed them daily). Thankfully, my 3 are not trapped under the house.

This is a serious problem and an emergency in my opinion so I think calling the ISPCA or LSPCA is the best thing to do and make sure you tell your situation and make sure that they do something about it. Pease.

Ive rang the KSPCA and others to see if they could be neutered and let free again but I got no reply or answer. So, yours is more an emergency so I hope they do something for you.

Good luck

the cat isnt trapped-she comes and goes-thats just where she sleeps/hides. I rang the spca today and all the said was get a cage and catch her..that's not much use to me as I have no experience with this and very little time. I was wondering if there was anybody out there who deals with these kind of situations or who wuld be able to come and help us out? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Go to your vets or pet store and ask them for a live trap - just put food in it and walk away, then take the cat to somewhere where they can maybe rehome it.

Whats bothering me is if you do take it somewhere like a cattery or whatever they may put it down, i say catch it and keep it if you like cats, plenty of advice on the net about taming wild cats.

Me and the missus are bloody magnets for stray or injured animals. Especially wild pregnant tabbies!

Best of luck.

Where you from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yeah a shotgun

Infracted for that.
    laylah wrote: »
    yeah but you see what works for you might not work for me-I forgot to mention that I'm not a ****ing redneck. But thanks for the reply :)

You shouldnt have responded in that way so you can have an infraction aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

If you are based in Dublin, I know a lady that might be able to help. She catches feral cats and gets them neutered and lets them free again, If she catches them young enough, she tames them and rehomes them.

But she only does this in Dublin. I have 3 in Kildare where I live but nothing can be done.

ardinn wrote: »
    Go to your vets or pet store and ask them for a live trap - just put food in it and walk away, then take the cat to somewhere where they can maybe rehome it.

Whats bothering me is if you do take it somewhere like a cattery or whatever they may put it down, i say catch it and keep it if you like cats, plenty of advice on the net about taming wild cats.

Me and the missus are bloody magnets for stray or injured animals. Especially wild pregnant tabbies!

Best of luck.

Where you from?

Thanks-I'll be getting a cage tomorrow and I'll try and do this. I've had 4 wild kittens in the spare bathroom taming them for a month and that worked a treat and we managed to rehome them all together with a family out in county limerick:) My own cat was also completely wild and it took about a week to trap him as a kitten! He's a great pet now though-like a little teddy:) I'm just really worried about catching an taming a full grown cat as its supposed to be near imposible-if I manage my brother will keep her-fingers crossed!

Advertisement