Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick-up games in DCU?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I know these were organised last summer so thinking of doing so again if I can generate enough interest.

It's coming up to exam time here but they'll be finished on the 27th of this month so we could start looking at w/c Mon 30th. If you're interested, just say what day suits below and I'll try and co-ordinate from this end. As Fridays and Sunday are already gone we could go any evening between Mon. - Thurs., any time period between 6-9 or anytime Saturday really (though the gym closes at 6).

Thinking of 60-90 minutes and depending on number I'd imagine max. €5 per head.

Open to all - male and female and all levels!

Just let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Mon/Tues/Thurs evenings from 7pm, or Saturday afternoons would work for me. Some great games when we did this last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Whats the score with this? Happening or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

peteb2 wrote: »
    Whats the score with this? Happening or no?

Hi Pete,

Well, it all depends on numbers - so far only myself and Lafortezza have posted so if think you'd like to play just tell me what days and times suit (from the options in the original post) and we'll work around that. Hopefully more people will commit closer to then end of the month but I just wanted to get the ball rolling. As Lafortezza said we had some good games last summer so it would be great if we could do so again.

I'm waiting to see if the club i am possibly playing for next season is scrimmaging and what day it is. But im open to any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

peteb2 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see if the club i am possibly playing for next season is scrimmaging and what day it is. But im open to any day!

Sorry for hi-jacking a thread... but just wondering if any clubs in the Tallaght, Lucan, Clondalkin direction scrimmage during summer and if it's an "everybody welcome" kinda situation?? Tks

• Advertisement

ring the Arena. They used to run their own scrimmages up there. Lucan's D4 is scrimmaging in Oblates at the mo. Templeogue will probably start up in the arena but probably not until late June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gnaix

Hi lads, I'm interested and open for any days.

Please let me know how it goes.

gnaix wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'm interested and open for any days.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks for your interest and will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

what price? and what day do you have in mind, I work odd hours so I wouldn't be constantly able to play.

My Bro in law is interested and he will be flexible enough over the summer, he played a few times when Dcu was booked last summer & prefers to head there as its nearer than Ringsend

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Regular Al

Hey lads,

I went to a few of these towards the end of last summer. Would probably be able to make Monday or Wednesday evenings (maybe the odd Sat.)

Cheers,

Al.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Thanks for your emails. Cost will depend on the number of players. The hall cost is currently €30 per hour so if we could get 10 that's a mere €3 each. If 6 turn up that's a €5 each and so on.

As for days of the week, leave a suggestion as to what suits and the more suggestions I get the easier it will be to make a call.

PLEASE NOTE THE EXAMS FINISH TOMORROW SO THE HALL WILL POTENTIALLY BE FREE LATE NEXT WEEK. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Any news on when these games will be on? Tks

Hi folks,

Not sure we have enough interest to warrant booking the hall.

Any more takers??!!! These were good sessions last summer!

Advertisement