Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting lines and Numbering parking spaces

Options
  • 04-05-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all,
    At the moment were waiting for our management company / builder to complete line painting and parking space numbering on our phase of the development.
    Hes hasnt been seen in ages so a few of the residents were wondering what would be involved if were to do this ourselves.
    What kind of contractor would we be looking for ?
    Painter or signwriter.

Is this something we could do ourselves without it looking like amateur hour?

Anyone who has done similar or general advice welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Actually you could be looking for a solicitor :( Until the developer signs the common areas over to the Management Company, it is his property and any alterations or markings could be treated as criminal damage.

Your best bet is to seek to call an EGM to deal with the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ronald reagan

Thanks for the reply athtrasna, The spaces etc arent common area they are part of our own property.
    Its like a matrcrete driveway but theres no division done on our phase.
    We use potted plants to form a boundary line and some our neighbours are starting to have hassle with reckless abandonment of vehicles.

Anyone had any experience of getting lines or numbers painted either professionally or diy method

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If they are part of your property why would the developer be responsible for painting lines and why would you number them? We have a mixed development of houses and apartments but all the car parking areas are common property?

Because they were part of the agreed finish of the scheme. He did it for the first 2 phases and the he is supposed to finish ours to the same standard as those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

athtrasna wrote: »
    If they are part of your property why would the developer be responsible for painting lines and why would you number them? We have a mixed development of houses and apartments but all the car parking areas are common property?

It sounds like the OP's wording is confusing 'part of [their] property' was 'Has exclusive use of...' (i.e the land under the car parking spaces themselves are owned by the Management Company, but each unit owner's contracts give them exlusive use of one or more of those spaces)

• Advertisement

Apoloogies if this is confusing for people.

From the front door of my house i have a path a driveway which is my property then you have the footpath which is a common area and then the road.

In the 2 previous phase the driveways are marked and numbered and our house is the same type and size as these phases.

The agreed finish of our houses is that this should be done upon completion of contracts.

For what ever reason it has not been done thus far. Of course the builder should have done it and of course we should have not handed the money over but we were first time buyers and knew no better.

What im trying to find out from people is how or who do i employ to remedy this situation or is this something we could do on our own.

I have a query on my management companies already in this forum and this is why i have split this query out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Look up 'white line marking' if you're looking for someone to do the work.

Markaline are one such company that do work like this that I know of.

Thanks for the links doop. Will have a look through them later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

What im trying to find out from people is how or who do i employ to remedy this situation or is this something we could do on our own.

you dont. if the developer doesnt do it as part of handing over the estate then the management agent hires someone on behalf of the management company, owners themselves dont do it

• Advertisement
Advertisement