Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank card stolen and money taken from account.

Options
  • 04-05-2011 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

My mother's car was broken into by some scum and had her bag stolen from it. She cancelled the card straight away but whoever stole it managed to get €750 out of the account. Is that money insured by the bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

How did they know her pin?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

dobsdave wrote: »
    How did they know her pin?

beat me to it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

And don't most most ATM's have a €600ish daily withdrawal limit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I don't know how they did that, maybe she had it written somewhere in the bag. Was €750 for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Savman wrote: »

I have seen signs on PSTB ATM's announcing a €750 daily limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

Savman wrote: »

ATM's have transaction limits generally.

Cards have daily limits.

Your mother may have difficulty if her pin was written down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I don't know how they did that, maybe she had it written somewhere in the bag. Was €750 for sure.

If she's like my ma, it was on a label stuck to the card. No chance of compensation if you take no precautions.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It wouldn't have been wrapped around the card, but she does keep everything in the universe in that bag.

Seems there's a good chance of finding who did it, since the ATM they used had a camera filming them when they used it. So the Gardaí were on the way out to have a look at the footage last I heard. I'd take half an hour alone with whoever that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

ATMs have a limit of €750 per day.

If the bank find out she had the pin number attached to the card she may not get a refund.

Advertisement