Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower Repair in Waterford

• 04-05-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

My petrol lawnmower wouldn't start the other evening.
    Don't really fancy forking out on a new one if it can be helped, anybody know anyone who does repairs?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Before you commit to a repair job how big is your lawn? There are some very cheap electric mowers in Woodies etc these days, Obviously if you have a decent amount of ground to cover then its worth the repair bill.

There is a place opposite the main entrance to the park on Park Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Spins wrote: »
    My petrol lawnmower wouldn't start the other evening.
    Don't really fancy forking out on a new one if it can be helped, anybody know anyone who does repairs?
    Thanks.

I know this sounds stupid but it happened to me . If it was working perfectly up to now and has just suddenly not "kicked in " when you pull the starter lead , did you check the spark plug lead for looseness ? It happened to me one day taking it out of the shed , clipped something and the lead was moved a fraction away from the spark plug . Was just about to throw it in the boot of the car when I double checked the cable , hey presto pushed it hard home and it started first time ........then perhaps maybe your's is just f***ed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Will try that and see. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I know there's a lawnmower place over in Ferrybank. Turn right at the end of the dual-carriageway and it'll be on your right by the railway bridge. Beside Abbey Precast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

If I'm not mistaken I believe that there is one
    opposite the main entrance to The Park.
    The name eludes me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

If I'm not mistaken I believe that there is one
    opposite the main entrance to The Park.
    The name eludes me!

Ardkeen hire?

Advertisement