Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Profile Design T2 Aerobar Shims

• 04-05-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I've got a pair of clip on Profile Design T2 Aerobars from a mate of mine, but there's one problem; the diameter. His handlebars were 31.8mm & mine are 26mm. He hasn't got a clue where the shims are & I've tried a couple of the LBS to see if they have a pair but my problem is they only sell them with the aero bars.

I've had a quick look on line but am drawing a blank. Does anyone know if it's possible to just buy the shims & where?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

CRC do them but are out of stock at the moment.link

I use a cut up drinks can and some electrical tape. Does the job fine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

dquirke1 wrote: »
    I use a cut up drinks can and some electrical tape. Does the job fine. ;)

Thanks, even though there Vision Shims would they fit the Profile Design Bars? The lad in the LBS seemed to think all the different makes of aero bars have different systems.... (If these seems like a thick comment to make - well I'm pretty thick ;)).

Also, with the coke can & tape, do you leave the aero bars on your bike all the time? Mine, would only be for the occasional TT, so would have to be taking them off for road racing. Is it a pain in the arse to do or a 5 minute job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

Any brand of shim will work fine, the sizes are standard. As for the DIY method, I have a dedicated TT bike so the bars stay on, but getting them right in the first place was a real PITA, prob not ideal for your needs.
    Good luck with your search anyway.:D

Cheers Dquirke, reckon I'll just get the Shims from CRC when they come in. For the time being I'll just ride the TT's Fignon style:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If you cannot wait for CRC, you could try Profile Design direct. I got a couple of spare parts from them with little hassle some time ago. http://www.profile-design.com/contact/contact.aspx

• Advertisement

Great, mightn't be riding Fignon style after all!

Advertisement